iPad air choppy animations, fixed in 8.1?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Afluffykitten, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Afluffykitten macrumors member

Hello, I've noticed that on the iPad air iOS eight has made the experience using the operating system a little less pleasurable. I'm noticing a lot of the animations are very choppy, for example pulling down spotlight isn't smooth like it is on the iPhone six. Generally I think I am experiencing a little bit of lag. This is from a fresh install of iOS eight, I'm wondering if anyone who is used the betas of 8.1 on their iPads have experienced improved and performance in these fields?

2. ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

Wondering this as well. It's a bad experience right now.

3. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

There are no noticeable performance improvements in 8.1 beta.

4. ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

Bummer. I was planning on getting the new mini and upgrading to 64gb (currently have an air with 16gb and think the screen is too big). But since it has no spec bump I'm guessing it will handle iOS 8 same as the current mini and air. The air came out last year. It's first update shouldn't have this big of an impact on performance. Hopefully another update will fix it.

5. deviant macrumors 65816

6. RockSpider macrumors 6502a

I've reset my Air a couple of times, seemed to work for a bit, but everything just goes back to slow. Safari crashes numerous times a day and the pages take forever to load, it's so bad I've gone to Chrome which seems pretty reasonable and no crashes.
    I'm hoping 8.1 fixes the mess, or I'm taking this thing back to Apple till they fix it. I'm no Apple lover but I've always like my iPads, but this thing now is slower than the original MacBook Air.

----------

I was thinking of getting a new Mini, but that new thing is just ridiculous.

----------

Turn it on and see what you think.