iPad iPad Air crashing a lot

Discussion in 'iPad' started by PalacePlayers, Nov 18, 2013.

1. PalacePlayers macrumors regular

In a little more than a week Safari has crashed at 1-2 times a day, and the iPad itself has restarded all out of a sudden 3 times (screen just goes blank with Apple logo). AirPlay music is sometimes laggy, and sometimes the music stops when I'm scrolling in the facebook app, and resumes immediatly after I stop scrolling.

Are these known problems with iOS 7.0.4, or should I return the device?

2. cmjars macrumors 6502

My iPad Air Safari was crashing 2-5 a day, I called Apple and they said it shouldn't be doing that said it could be hardware related and had me take it back to the Store and exchange. Now I haven't had a crash in 2 days on my replacement.

3. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

Just got mine 2 days ago, crashes pretty much everytime I use it. Getting annoying now

4. cmjars macrumors 6502

Take it back and replace it.

5. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

Isn't it software issue though

6. cmjars macrumors 6502

Apple told me it could be hardware something about the memory. It could have be damaged during the build.

7. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

True true, thx

8. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

That make sense - the people that are complaining about crashing issues have a lot of low-memory erros in their usage diagnostics. Its possible that some bad memory got used in production and it could make the device behave as if it has less RAM than it actually does.

Get a new one.

9. OzyOly macrumors 6502a

I have been having this problem on my iPhone too, but only since upgrading to the latest iOS. Goes to the Apple screen a few times a day.

10. daudi81 macrumors regular

Dang. I was hoping this was a software issue too. Safari crashes sometimes, but CHROME literally crashes every other time I use it. Netflix won't go into HD either, even though it works fine on every other device I own. However, I bought this at best buy with the protection plan. I wonder if they will just exchange it, instead of trying to fix this one. I'm not going to be happy if I exchange this one and the new one does the same thing. I've been there before, and it's horrible. Where are you guys finding your error logs?

11. richard371, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013

richard371 macrumors 68000

I've seen so many post about safari crashing on ios7. It happens on my iPhone, ipad air and new mini. It's software.

12. cmjars macrumors 6502

For me it only happened on my first iPad Air, doesn't happen on my iPhone 5s or my mini retina or now my iPad Air replacement.

13. Yester5 macrumors regular

Yester5

Never one crash on my new iPad Air...it's great :)

14. Charliebird macrumors 6502a

Yes, these are all know issues (at lease to this forum). Call Apple's support and tell them you want to escalate the issue. I switched to a rMini and it crashes less however I'm still seeing the same issues. Again call Apple Support and ask them to escalate the issue. Who know you might get a free case or something for your time. :) At the very least you've documented your issue.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1669719

15. Errk! macrumors 6502

There are several threads here, on Apple's support forum, and several other sites regarding random reboots/resprings in iOS 7. It really sounds like a software issue; it's happening on my iPad Mini only since updating to iOS 7.

16. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Happened on both my air and mini retina. I'm pretty sure it is ios7.

The say it might be hardware just to be safe. They can't say "just wait for an update"

Ios7 has been terrible for the ipad thus far. Slow animations. Choppy animations. Crashes, resprings, restarts, slow response.

I've never had this experience on apple since I came back in 2009 for my MacBook Pro. It's been great from 2009 until now.

Mavericks has been pretty terrible as well.

Hope they sort this out ASAP.

17. Errk! macrumors 6502

I've had iOS 7 on an iPad 3rd gen, iPad mini, and iPad Air and have had none of these problems. Only the random reboots.

At least it starts much faster when it reboots.

Mavericks has given me zero problems.