iPad iPad Air, dark corner...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by QE2, Nov 3, 2013.

1. QE2 macrumors member

I hear people mentioning a line, about an inch or so in from the left side, but I'm finding that I've got a darker top left corner. It seems that a dark line comes in about 5mm or so.

I've taken a few pics, but as always it seems less obvious in the photos, have a look (try expanding for better detail); https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9nhjpnzpyjxp1w3/rEbIJoyEJr

btw, home button is facing down in all the images...

tbh, I really don't want to get into the position of returning things, not least because there's no guarantee things will change for the better!

2. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

I had the damn line on mine. So, mine went back. Of course there aren't any more. :(

3. QE2 thread starter macrumors member

Was it confined to the corner, at the edge of the screen, or an inch or more into the display?

Sorry there weren't any more to hand out, I imagine I'd be facing a similar situation... :(

4. QE2 thread starter macrumors member

Nobody got anything to say, can you see the darker shadow?

Anybody got the same issue?

5. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

A. You probably would have received more feedback if you had posted in the existing thread with tons of traffic instead of creating a separate thread.

B. It makes no difference if someone else has the same issue or not. If it bugs you, it bugs you. Exchange it. Unless you're looking to start a class action lawsuit, what other people's screens look like is irrelevant to yours.

6. The.Dude macrumors regular

The.Dude

7. QE2 thread starter macrumors member

A. Actually I DID post in that very thread 'Air Screen Defect?'; http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=18301473#post18301473

I didn't get a single response. I post got totally skimmed over, peeps just carried straight on with the key theme of lines going horizontally, and vertically down the left of the display. I therefore thought I was better to start a separate thread, as my issue differed slightly.

B. Look, I don't want to send myself dizzy, returning half a dozen Air's, if they're all like it, or 90% as people seem to be suggesting! If people are to be believed, there's a pretty good chance my replacement might turn out worse!

I just wanted to take a step back, ask others what their experiences were, and find out if my situation resonates; Why have you got to get arsey?