All iPads iPad Air Docks

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ZeRoLiMiT, Oct 24, 2014.

1. ZeRoLiMiT macrumors 6502a

ZeRoLiMiT

Anyone here know a good place to get
    iPad Air docks! some nice cool ones! I can set next to my bed. If a dual one that would be great too

2. DaiPlusPlus macrumors newbie

I love my iPad 2 (non-Air) dock - I also liked how it had a 30-pin output, so I could connect my dock to the HDMI adapter and so get charging AND video out at the same time.

So far for the iPad Air 2 I don't see any official Apple docks, and none of the third-party docks have Lighting-in (where I could plug-in my Lightning HDMI adapter). I googled for "iPad Air 2 lighting passthrough dock" but nothing relevant came up.

update

I just found this: http://www.noosyapple.com/cp/html/?92.html it claims to be a lightning dock with a lightning output connector (amongst others...) I wonder how it works. It also claims compatibility with the iPad 4 so I wonder if the Air 2 will fit in it.

3. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Ever find a decent dock? I'm looking for onei can use in landscape and portrait. More of just a stand. Can't find anything I like so far.

4. Liwanra macrumors newbie

Here is mine

Attached Files:

5. bigdog5142 macrumors 6502a

bigdog5142

Can't recommend the Everdock enough. It is a solid piece of aluminum that has nano suction on the bottom. You do have to supply your own lightning cable, so they're a bit pricey...but I have a duo by my bed, a single on an end table in our family room and a duo in my office at work. LOVE them!

http://fuzdesigns.com/pages/everdock

6. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Looks nice but it doesn't look like it would hold an iPad very steady. And maybe not at all in landscape mode.

7. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

8. bigdog5142 macrumors 6502a

bigdog5142

Not sure how stable you need a dock to be, but once I put my iPad on the dock, it's not going anywhere until I take it off of the dock. It utilizes the Lightning cable and it stays put. Now if you plan on hitting it or throwing something at it, then maybe it will fall off. # Stability has never been a concern...the interchangeable rubber inserts (to go from naked to having cases on devices) provide the stability. It's also completely interchangeable with devices. The one in my living room charges all iPhones/iPad Mini's and iPad's in my home.

9. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I need to be able to use the ipad, type on it, etc. A lot of docks hold it just fine, but when you start doing anything with it it wobbles around or falls over.

10. bigdog5142 macrumors 6502a

bigdog5142

That makes sense. Don't know that this dock would help you there. Not sure that there are many out there that would! :/

11. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

The one I have now worked great up until the new, thinner ipad air, now the groove is too wide. I may try to make my own, maybe from a chunk of oak.

[​IMG]

12. Jimpilot macrumors 6502

Jimpilot

Been waiting since Oct (Sept pre-order) for the Gravitas dock. They sent me the dock right away but the inserts for iPad air 2 and iPhone 6 plus have been delayed since mid Oct promised delivery date.

Their customer service is questionable, didn't receive any notice of each delay, had to ask each time.

Their latest reply says mid Dec, only two months late. We'll see, if it didn't seem like the perfect fit for me it would have gone back by now.