Ipad air feel vs retina mini

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by carjakester, Apr 4, 2014.

1. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

I was in the apple store today and i held the air and it still seemed way to big and heavy, i just love the way the retina mini feels and how you can use it just like an iphone but with more room on the screen. What do you guys think?

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

I purchased both and returned the rMini. The Air is just about the right size for me and the extra screen real estate is an added bonus. As far as weight goes the mini is lighter but the Air is also very light for it's size.

It comes down to portability and if you plan to take your iPad with you. If that's the case the mini might be the better choice.

3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hi.

I originally purchased the iPad rMini and after 3 days returned it for the iPad Air as I wanted more real estate and my eyesight played a part.

Portability I believe can be attached to both machines.

4. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Actually, that's how I decided between the two also. I made a bunch of trips to handle both, and decided I really liked the rMini. I am coming from an iPad 1 and an iPad 3. Really liking the rMini.

5. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

6. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

I couldn't tell the difference in weight between the Air and Mini....

7. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Every time I pick up the air I think it is amazingly lite and awesome. And I much rather have a 9.7 inch screen then a 7.9 so.. Its great.

8. DiCaprioAngel macrumors 6502

I prefer the rMini to the Air, anyway. The only reason why I bought an iPad was because they made it smaller than the original size iPads. I don't need anything bigger than an rMini because to me it's too big to carry around. I would just end up leaving it home all the time. The rMini is a perfect size, enough real estate to make me happy, and very light. Everyone has different preferences, but I am glad Apple made the rMini.