iPad iPad Air first impressions

Discussion in 'iPad' started by prism, Nov 1, 2013.

1. prism macrumors 6502a

Coming from an iPad 4, this thing is incredibly light and very comfortable to handle. Everything looks great and the build is superb. The only exception is I noticed the same type of stutters when gesturing back to home screen and moving between apps that I had on he iPad 4 running ios7. That for me is kind of surprising to say the least! Otherwise I'm a happy camper.

2. MikhailT macrumors 601

The stuttering is because of iOS 7, nothing to do with your hardware. Apple didn't have enough time to optimize it properly for the iPads.

One thing you might want to do is turn on Reduced Motion via Settings > General > Accessibility. It makes a big difference with many of the animations.

3. Zerilos macrumors 6502a

So far loving it. The fact that I can hold it without getting tired is huge.

----------

Correct. Turning off motion eliminates the issue entirely. Also saves battery life.

4. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

Same here, I've used it with 1 hand and typed with other for hours and no fatigue. My 3rd gen was so heavy I couldn't really do that and had to put it on my lap. Loving the size and lightness.