iPad iPad Air for work?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by fasterthanfiber, Nov 16, 2013.

1. fasterthanfiber macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I'm looking at getting an iPad air for work but I'm not sure if I can do this, I run several Wordpress blogs and it requires editing two psd files (for featured images, basic add text) and I'm not sure if I do this on an iPad? is there any way to do image editing on the iPad or will I need to sort it on a iMac?

Just I'm looking to work on the go and don't want to buy the iPad only to find I can't actually do any work...

2. orangezorki macrumors 6502a

For your needs, it sounds like a base or refurb 11" Macbook Air would work much better. And they really aren't much bulkier than the iPad.

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

It is possible, but the workflow may be a bit kludgy.

You can use the Wordpress app to edit your blog text.

You can use Adobe Photoshop Express app to edit your PSD file. The ability to edit files is limited.

You can then use Goodreader to grab a file from your photo library and upload it into your online folder. It will require a bit of knowledge (FTP login credentials, knowledge of where the PSF file is supposed to go, etc.) but it can be done.

So you may be limited by the type of image editing you want to do.

4. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

I'm a Security Guard and I use an iPad to fill out my daily reports and fax them plus as Worshipful Master of my lodge I use it composing my agenda and sending out official communications to my brethren. Apps: Notability, PC-Fax

5. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I guess the only thing holding back my Air is me. Some things I've read on this forum that people do with iPads I would not even know where to begin.

6. redman042 macrumors 68020

I get a lot of work done with my iPad. Certainly email, calendar, tasks, and web, but also I review and markup/edit a lot of PDFs on it. With the speed of the Air, I can handle complex PDFs just as well as I can on my desktop. It's great. It also helps that I found PDF Expert, which I have to say kicks my longtime favorite Goodreader in the tail. And I just picked up a Logitech Ultraslim Folio Keyboard Case, which makes this thing quite the workhorse (within the limits of iOS, of course).

Not sure about the type of work you are talking about though. There are still a number of hurdles to achieving everything a PC or Mac can do, though they are shrinking all the time. And once you get used to an efficient workflow on the iPad, it sure is refreshing to not have to deal with all the little annoyances of a full PC.

7. fasterthanfiber thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys, I"m getting a script developed on my WP blogs to generate the images on server side, it's basically a static image with text over top so I can do the typing via iPad, thanks for your feedback guys.