Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

konapalmtree

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2014
Can anyone recommend a vendor on Amazon for purchase of iPad Air.? I have gift certificate for Amazon otherwise would buy it somewhere else. I know it will cost more.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
When I buy something expensive from an Amazon seller I always look for a high rating and a seller that has at least several hundred feedbacks. The other thing I want is a seller who uses Amazon to fulfill the order.

When you do that you protect yourself because if there is a problem you can return it to Amazon and they pay shipping.

I recently bought a Wii U bundle from an Amazon seller that Amazon fulfilled the order. When I opened the box one of the games had damage to the case. Also there was no tape seals on the box. I asked Amazon about that and they took care of the problem.

Use that as a guide to picking a vendor. ;)

konapalmtree

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2014
Thank you

When I buy something expensive from an Amazon seller I always look for a high rating and a seller that has at least several hundred feedbacks. The other thing I want is a seller who uses Amazon to fulfill the order.

When you do that you protect yourself because if there is a problem you can return it to Amazon and they pay shipping.

;)

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
your safe I buy from Amazon all the time, including computers..
OP is asking about third party resellers on Amazon which is not the same as purchasing from Amazon itself. While Amazon does cover such purchases with their A-to-z guarantee the best option is to not have to rely on the guarantee in the first place and deal with a reputable reseller.

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Jul 3, 2013
I have never had Amazon not back up what I purchased, even from third party sellers. If the OP has a gift certificate and wants a iPad, he/she should be safe using it.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I don't mind buying from Amazon, but I generally stay away from resellers on Amazon, at least for expensive stuff. My research has shown that most resellers have higher prices on the products anyways. I usually can find a better deal elsewhere.

That said I never looked to them for iPads so I have no idea what price points they're selling the iPads

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I've heard too many reports of skeevy ness to trust third party folks. If it were me I'd go to apple for the iPad and use my amazon money for perhaps a case, keyboard, iTunes gift cards if that was somehow possible.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
I've heard too many reports of skeevy ness to trust third party folks. If it were me I'd go to apple for the iPad and use my amazon money for perhaps a case, keyboard, iTunes gift cards if that was somehow possible.

If the order is fulfilled by Amazon there is zero risk even if the seller has a crappy rating.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
If the order is fulfilled by Amazon there is zero risk even if the seller has a crappy rating.

That is not what I have heard. I've heard tales of folks getting clearly used products that had been rewrapped etc. Used as in scratched up, data and now activation lock on them. All of which were 'fulfilled by Amazon'

So as I said, I wouldn't take the risk.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
That is not what I have heard. I've heard tales of folks getting clearly used products that had been rewrapped etc. Used as in scratched up, data and now activation lock on them. All of which were 'fulfilled by Amazon'

If it's fulfilled by Amazon they as in Amazon stands behind the purchase 100%!. I've been a longtime Amazon customer and they have won awards for their customer service.
---------------------------------------
OK I didn't want to explain what happened to my most recent transaction so others wouldn't abuse it. I purchased a Wii U Bundle from an Amazon seller and the order was fulfilled by Amazon. One of the game cover was slightly damaged. I emailed Amazon regarding the issue.

They gave me two choices a) FULL Refund or b) PARTIAL credit.

I took option B. They gave me 40% off on the entire order. So would you like to explain to me how an Amazon fulfilled order has RISKS?

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA

Amazon's customer service is stellar and they will take care of any issues. There is no risk, even if it's not fulfilled by Amazon. I'm a third party seller and I can tell you that they make you toe the line.

----------

Amazon's customer service is stellar and they will take care of any issues. There is no risk, even if it's not fulfilled by Amazon. I'm a third party seller and I can tell you that they make you toe the line.

I have placed literally hundreds of orders with Amazon over the years and I have NEVER had a problem that wasn't handled to my satisfaction.

daddyd302

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2012
West Allis, WI
Can anyone recommend a vendor on Amazon for purchase of iPad Air.? I have gift certificate for Amazon otherwise would buy it somewhere else. I know it will cost more.

How much is your gift certificate? If it's less then $100, you're better off buying the ipad from Apple or anywhere that sells at retail. The markups on amazon is a ripoff.

You're better off buying Ipad accessories from Amazon with your gift certificate. If you insist on it, get it from one of the stores that has it's order fulfilled be Amazon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.