All iPads iPad Air gets really hot outside

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Poly, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Poly macrumors 6502

I was just using my Air in my garden just for browsing, not even started gaming, in the shadow. It currently has 30degrees celsius outside.....but my iPad Air gets really hot very fast.
    When playing Hearthstone outside it gets so hot i can barely touch it anymore.

Should i bring it to an AppleStore or is that normal behaviour?

2. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

A little bit of heat is normal, but if it is getting too hot to touch it might be worth a trip to the Genius Bar.

3. Poly thread starter macrumors 6502

Not really too hot to touch...but it does not feel comfortable.
    I have read that the Air gets pretty hot compared to the ipad2 anyways...?

4. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

My 3rd gen got much hotter than my Air did. Some heat seems to be normal, but if it is bothering you take it in.

5. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

30° C is ~86° F so that actually is pretty warm for ambient temperature. You can remove the case if you have one installed on your iPad for better heat dissipation and turn down display brightness but aside from that, I doubt you can do much to lower temps particularly if gaming.

The iPad actually shuts itself down if temps become too hot that it will cause damage to the device. Something I learned using the iPad 3 as GPS while driving in hot SoCal weather. :rolleyes:

6. Poly thread starter macrumors 6502

I just checked the temps again and actually it's 35C....^^ additionally i had brightness up to 100%.

7. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Ouch, that's 95° F. Do your iPad (and yourself) a favor and stay indoors where there's air conditioning. ;)

8. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

My Air always get hot often but it doesn't bother me. I will need an AppleCare soon. :apple: