Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GregJA

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2013
Hey guys,

So I've had the iPad Air for a while now and was noticing a lot of videos I watched (on Safari,Facebook,YouTube, ect) we're very grainy and unclear, at first I thought it maybe was my internet. (Although it shouldn't be the issue)

But....
I had some videos on the video reinstalled app and they are all grainy also. They weren't in my previous ipad or iPhone 5s, what's going on?

Thanks! :)

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Normally I'd say these were just bad or older video files, but if it's happening on HD stuff then I'd be inclined to take it back

As a test before you do this, get hold of a video that is certified as being HD 1080p and play that. If it still looks wrong, then I'd say you have a faulty GPU and you need a swap out.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
You could start by looking at some test patterns on YouTube (just search for "test pattern"). Make sure that you select HD quality in your YouTube app. If these look great, you have your answer. But, if not, it could be for a number of reasons external to your iPad. In this case, try to download a test pattern video.

GregJA

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2013
Just had a look and some things are clear but like 1080p downloaded music videos are fuzzy, it's really odd

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.