iPad iPad Air Home Button Assembly

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Andyf80, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Andyf80 macrumors newbie

Hi All,
    Thanks for a great resource in this forum!

I cracked my screen and ordered a replacement digitizer from ebay. After installing it, the home button didn't work. I tried removing the screen to adjust it, but ended up cracking my replacement!

I got a 2nd replacement and seem to have the same issues with the home button being too far recessed beneath the glass and non-responsive.

I'm thinking either I'm assembling it incorrectly or it's not the correct parts for the Air.

Can anyone provide a detailed explanation of how the home button is re-assembled?
    Or
    Provide a link to an explanation?

As best as I can tell, the round home button sets in the home button hole (with a rubber surround) , next the button click sensor/ribbon goes on top of the buttons two pegs (with no adhesive??) followed by the metal backing plate goes on top of all this (with adhesive) with the click button settling in to the home buttons circular recess on the bottom of the button.

Is there nothing holding the clicker sensor in place beyond the two pegs on the home button?

Thanks!

2. chrisl123 macrumors member

The iPad Air teardown at iFixit could help for you. It has high-res photos that you can use to see if you've done anything wrong.