iPad iPad Air - Home Button Flush?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by zipperdoyle, Nov 1, 2013.

1. zipperdoyle macrumors newbie

Any other iPad air owners home button raised and not flush on the device? When you slide your finger from the device to the home button it catches like stubble on a beard. I did not get a chance to play with the units in the store but I did not have this problem coming from an iPad 3. Yes nitpicky but an expensive device and the home button is already starting to looks a little weathered.

2. nemesis4670 macrumors member

Nope mine is not raised. It actually feels more flush and smoother than my iPad 4's home button. Feels better pressing it in too.

I think you got a defective unit... hate to say it... if the button is protruding from the device... that's def not how it is. The outer edge is flush and the inner part is sunken in to the shape of your finger.

3. zipperdoyle thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the response. I'll drop it off on the way back home, and hopefully they will still have a unit to replace it with.

4. WilliamG macrumors 604

My fingernail catches on it on my Air. Feels perfectly normal to me.

----------

Test a display model first. It's probably normal. But just in case...

5. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Mine is raised and nicely clicky.

Volume buttons raised, too. Very positive feel/response.

6. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

I say better slightly raised and clicky than sunken-in and smushy. It will probably settle slightly over time and the edges will wear down too. But I can see how that would be annoying holding in landscape sliding your thumb across it.

7. MyiBill macrumors 6502

Could be intentional so that once it "breaks in" the button is flush instead of pushed in too much, I always hate that one the button is almost stuck inside.

8. zipperdoyle thread starter macrumors newbie

It was definitely a defect. I ended up being that creepy guy and stroked about 12 floor samples and the home button on mine was definitely not right. Returned, replaced, and happy.