iPad iPad Air home button

Discussion in 'iPad' started by portcontrol7, Mar 30, 2014.

1. portcontrol7 macrumors member

Mine is all clicky. Pretty loud, if I rub my fingertip on it it sounds like rice crispier. Normal?

2. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Not seems normal at all ...
    Could you try to check another iPad Air to see if you feel it different ? I mean in an Apple store or whatever shop have it exposed ....

3. portcontrol7 thread starter macrumors member

4. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Let us know ... If I rub my fingertip on mine, the button is firm and silent

5. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

Mine is doing the same thing. Let us know if they do something for you.

6. portcontrol7, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014

portcontrol7 thread starter macrumors member

I know it sounds whiny, but when I drop 800 plus on something I expect perfection.

7. Max(IT), Mar 31, 2014

Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Perfection is not available on a consumer grade product, but a working home button is something to expect on a ipad, so let Apple check it.
    I'm sure they will change it.

8. Rodster macrumors 68040

EXACTLY, there is no such thing as perfection in just about ANY product let alone a mass produced, assembly line product. Now the best to hope for is having a device where problems are not so glaring that they annoy the hell out of you.

For instance, my Air has minimal lightbleed and it's in the lower left of the screen in portrait mode. Does it bother me? Not really because the my icons and taskbar block it from view and it's only noticeable when the brightness is past 50% and i'm watching a video in portrait mode and there is a black bar above and below the video.

Why didn't I take it back and insist on a perfect product? Because I know it doesn't exist and I could very well be trading in one MINOR annoyance for a bigger problem down the line.

Besides, many who seek perfection usually trade in or sell their devices because they want to upgrade.

9. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

There is a minimal light bleed also on my Nexus 7, in the upper right corner, but is something notable only with a black screen and >70% of brightness .... I really don't care.
    And my iPad Air has bleeding too (visible at 100% brightness) ...

10. listeraiche macrumors newbie

good,Mine is doing the same thing. Let us know if they do something for you. thanks[​IMG]

11. Batavian, Mar 31, 2014

Batavian macrumors 6502

Batavian

Seriously exchange it. Then go "home button free" by using gestures. I almost never use the home button. For someone like Jobs who eschewed buttons, I always wondered why Apple had the home button.

12. Max(IT), Mar 31, 2014

Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Same for me .... I'm using gestures on the iPad and assistive touch on the iPhone.

13. HenryDJP, Mar 31, 2014

HenryDJP macrumors 603

And what the heck is a Rice Crispier? :confused:

14. go ipad macrumors member

go ipad

I got mine replaced for home button issue. Now my new iPad Air has yellow display on left corner. My previous one had a perfect display :-(

15. portcontrol7, Mar 31, 2014

portcontrol7 thread starter macrumors member

A rice crispier is like a rice crispy, only made slightly more crispy by spellcheck.

16. HenryDJP macrumors 603

LMAO, thank you. That's what I figured. Just needed clarification. I wish I could see some people's iPad Airs. I don't seem to have a clacky home button. I just bought mine and I was at the Apple store this morning and even checked it against the iPad 4 and iPad 2. Couldn't see any difference. I would definitely get it replaced but not through a 3rd party store if you can help it. Sometimes 3rd parties tend to have old stock with flaws. Apple has been known to quietly fix issues and roll them out without announcement and most likely the updated ones will be sold from their stores long before they make it to the 3rd party retailers.