iPad Air Home Sharing Problem

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by funkymonkeyboy, Dec 1, 2014.

1. funkymonkeyboy, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2014

funkymonkeyboy macrumors regular

Hi, I have a strange problem with Apple iTunes Home Sharing with my iPad Air. It works fine with videos, but when I try to use it with Music, the Apple Music app freezes after I try to connect to my shared library.

I am using a Mac Mini to provide the host.

I am using the latest versions of OS X and iOS. My iPhone and iPad Mini Retina connect fine to both Music and Videos. So it is only my iPad Air that has the issue. I have tried restarting all devices and turning home sharing on and off on all devices.

I am connected via an Apple extreme router. That has also been restarted. All to no avail. Does anyone have any advice or similar problems?

Thanks.

2. bergert macrumors regular

same problem

home sharing music hangs on both my iPads because my library is too large. As a workaround I have bought a second aTV for the other room - because aTV work without issues.

still annoying; all my music is either from my CD's or bought on iTunes - do not want to delete anything; buying CD's since 1988.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1546125