iPad Air iOS8 useless update

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by luisbrudna, Sep 20, 2014.

1. luisbrudna macrumors newbie

I only have an iPad Air (and I intend to buy an iPhone in the future, but it is a VERY expensive device in Brazil).
    I usually do not use the camera on your iPad and use very little the chat functions on the iPad.
    For me upgrading to iOS 8 was almost useless.

A short list
    - The siri (hey, siri) only works when connected (oh, c'mon !!)
    - I live in Brazil and the internet by mobile phone is very expensive to use functions that consume bandwidth
    - I do not have a Mac to use the continuity functions
    - The free iCloud space is a joke
    - The family sharing is not useful. My wife has an android. :(
    - Where's the iPad HomeKit ?!
    - Where is the app on the iPad ?! Health
    - Where is the app on the iPad ApplePay ?!
    - The spotlight search is not working properly
    - Siri does not understand Portuguese! :mad:
    - Few keyboards have access to Portuguese

The conclusion is that this is 8 iOS update focused on the iPhone. And they forgot the iPad.

Okay. ... I understand some reasons but would like to have access to all functions so you can evaluate and decide the future purchase of an iPhone.

2. Nozuka macrumors 68000

actually the biggest features of ios8 are for developers. they will be able to create apps with greater functionality for you.

but then you probably won't even notice, that these are only possible because of ios8.. ;)

3. luisbrudna thread starter macrumors newbie

yep ... but is focused on the iPhone. And is very expensive! [​IMG]

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

This is the same on an iPhone. I imagine it'll be useful when driving. If Siri was listening all the time it'd destroy your battery life.

Mobile data is expensive. This isn't new or related to the iPad. Don't use mobile data if you don't want to pay for it.

This isn't iPad specific. These functions aren't useful in your situation on an iPhone either.

Homekit isn't an app, it's a set of functions that developers can access.

I still can't figure out why anyone would want to carry their iPad around so they could use these functions. It seems really inconvenient.

The iPad never had Passbook, and it also doesn't have NFC.

Seems to be working fine here.

These aren't iPad specific issues.

5. wombat94 macrumors member

Also... an important point about Apple Pay - it ISN'T technically an iOS8 feature... it was not announced with iOS8.

Apple Pay is an iPhone 6/6+/Apple Watch feature... if you want that feature you need to buy new hardware of some sort.

No reason to knock iOS 8 for not having a feature that is not a part of iOS 8