iPad Air + iPhone 5 vs iPhone 6+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hulk2012, Sep 25, 2014.

1. hulk2012 macrumors 6502

Hi guys. I'm thinking of selling my iPhone 5 and iPad Air and get iPhone 6+ 64gb. I am tired of carrying two devices when needed, battery of ip5 is a joke, wifi on iPad Air is a joke, 16gb storage on both iPhone and iPad are joke as well. I am photographer and often browse 500px, take snaps behind the sin, presenting portfolio on iPad to new client, reading a lot of forums and obviously being active on social media. The only issue I've got once moved entirely to iPhone 6+ is screen estate. Do you think that is not big enough to most of the stuff I mentioned easily in comparison with iPad Air? How do you find it using iPhone 6+ vs iPad in terms of screen estate?

2. 617aircav Suspended

no way the plus can replace the air, if you actually used the air for photography.

3. bob24 macrumors 6502

I would say the main question is how often do you use the iPad to show pictures to clients and are you going to lose business if you show them pictures on a 5.5in screen rather than a 9in one?

The pictures will definitely have less impact displayed in smaller size ... might not be a big deal if it just a once in a while thing and not that important to you, but otherwise make sure you compare the same set of pictures on both before you buy.

4. hulk2012 thread starter macrumors 6502

What's annoying is to carry both iPad and iPhone the same time and then later on during the day leaving iPad in the car when stopped for a diner at some place and realising damn I need the bigger screen when you start browsing net and apps while waiting for food. Situations like that happen very often. I take iPad with particular task in mind but then when I leave it I quickly realise I actually need it cos of the screen estate.

That's why I'm thinking that maybe the iPhone 6+ will actually solve the problem of carrying 2in1 with a bit of screen size sacrifice (iPad)

5. linkgx1 macrumors 65816

That's why I've been hesitant with an iPad. I don't like having to carry two devices, as it's not practical in most situations for me.

6. recoil80 macrumors 68000

6+ cannot replace iPad if one of the tasks is showing photos to customers.
    If I were you I'd sell the iPad and buy a new one with more storage, since 16GB can be a problem when dealing with many photos.

7. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

I would try the regular iPhone 6. The size increase is dramatic enough that it means I'm reaching for my Air a little less frequently than I had been, yet it is still small enough to fit nicely in a pocket. The 6+ would make the user experience that much better, but it's honestly still no iPad.

8. hulk2012, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014

hulk2012 thread starter macrumors 6502

Agree