Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KhunJay

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2013
Yes its light and a great device and i use it without any case or guard.

But im getting cramped fingers from holding it ....i use it for abt 30 min and my fingers get locked and painful...lol.

Anyone else have the same problem and did you manage to overcome it?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
How are you holding it, exactly? I don't think I actually hold my iPad, I mostly rest it on my lap.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008

But im getting cramped fingers from holding it ....i use it for abt 30 min and my fingers get locked and painful...lol.

LOL! A device can't give you arthritis. Holding an iPad won't give you RSI or CTS, either, unless you're holding it in an odd position. ("You're holding it wrong!") I do have arthritis in my hands and CTS, and using an iPad gives me relief, compared to working so much on the computer keyboard.

easy-peasy

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2014
I hope the OP never has to hold a book or bring in groceries.

p.s. you could get a keyboard stand (like the Logitech ultrathin BT keyboard) so you don't have to hold the iPad up.

Charliebird

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2010
I had the same issue so I went with a rMini. The rMini was a big improvement for my wrist and fingers. Unfortunately my eyes aren't so happy now. God I'm getting old.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA

I find that folding the Smart Cover into a triangle and putting it behind my Mini makes it more comfortable to hold.

BittenApple

macrumors 65816
Nov 29, 2008
"You're holding it wrong"

Sometimes I get iPad fatigue holding my Mini. But I think it has to do with me gripping at it tightly since its slippery and light.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Try to build up your forearm muscles and take breaks - it sounds like RSI to this anonymous untrained internet person.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.