iPad iPad Air, is it worth it?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by snow755, Dec 1, 2013.

1. snow755 macrumors 6502a

snow755

hi

I am saveing up some $ am planning on buying some kind of tablet on Friday dec 13th and I was wanting too no if the ipad air Is worth getting if you have a ipad air how do you like it and was it worth the upgrade from your ipad 4 I may re get the ipad 4 the ipad 4 I had be for I re turn it was vary fast and now I can find a good deal on the ipad 4 but I want too here from some of you that have the ipad air if I do re get the ipad 4 am planning on not upgradeing it in tell the ipad air 2 comes out

2. kgs macrumors regular

Fully loaded 128gb Air is awesome. I upgraded from an iPad 3 and the Air is a big big upgrade in weight and speed.

I also have a retina mini. Also a great device. Can't go wrong either way in my opinion.

3. eggersj macrumors 6502

eggersj

Very happy with the air over the ipad 4. It's much lighter and was a worthwhile upgrade IMO. That being said the 4 is a solid machine. It all comes down to how much $ you want to spend.

On a side note... Uh, punctuation?? it took me longer to decipher what you wrote that it did to respond to it! :D

4. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Wow. I am not sure if this a legit posting or not given the horrendous spelling/punctuation. Not to offend you but I would seriously put that $$$ into an education first before buying a toy….

5. sflomenb macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

It's definitely worth it. I have one along with an iPhone 5s and a MacBook Air. I love it. Battery is phenomenal.

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

7. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

iPad Air is a truly remarkable device at an incredible price. DO NOT BUY iPad 4 buy into iPad Air you'll love it.

8. go ipad, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013

go ipad macrumors member

go ipad

Definitely! Especially when you get a discount or gift certificates from some retail stores, like Target. Also upgraded from iPad 4 to iPad Air and very happy about it.

9. AppleWarMachine macrumors 6502a

AppleWarMachine

Yes, it's worth it (at least to me). I had a iPad 4, but sold it on eBay to upgrade to an Air. It's Lighter, Thinner, Faster, Better...:D

10. deeddawg macrumors 604

Punctuation is a helpful thing. Consider:
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Let's eat Grandma!​

:D

As to the OP's question - worth is a relative thing. What's "worth it" to me may be meaningless to you and vice versa. Nothing wrong with an ipad4 today, though the Air is lighter/thinner/faster it doesn't make the older ones stop working.

11. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Def worth it, especially if coming from an iPad 2 like I did...:D

12. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

I don't feel like it was a worthy upgrade from my iPad 3.

Unfortunately I sold it before the announcement in anticipation.

13. atlatnesiti macrumors 6502a

If you said iPad 4, I would kind of understand your reasoning, but iPad 3?!
    iPad Air is 4 times as fast as your beloved, absolute iPad 3.

14. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Yes, and?

Doesn't mean that power is necessary when most apps are designed to run on an A5 class dual cpu. For example, it's less than a second faster in Sunspider, a fraction of a second faster loading javascript web pages. *oohhhhh* that just rewrites the user experience! :rollseyes:

15. takeshi74 macrumors 601

You can't just poll. Worth is always a highly subjective matter. Clearly the iPad Air is worth it to some and not worth it to others. Otherwise either all tablet owners would have the Air or none of them would.

You need to clarify what makes it worth it or not worth it to you if you want feedback. You need to consider the needs/wants of those replying and their relevance to your own.

And please use some sentences.

16. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Depends on your money situation... if you can score an iPad 4 for like 200 bucks take it, but at full retail Air wins hands down!

17. ucfgrad11 macrumors member

18. rojct20 macrumors member

iPad Air & iPad mini r.

I have had iPad , 2,3 & 4 & now the Air & iPad mini r, both black & 64gb cell.
    Happy with both!

19. kaielement macrumors 65816

20. thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

LOL hahaha. I died laughing

21. dannynjoni macrumors member

I love my iPad Air more and more as time passes. I use it to read the paper, books, photography, emails, invoicing, etc... My poor 2012 MBP w/24" Cinema Display has seen nearly zero use for over two weeks now LOL. I really like the size and especially the thinness and weight of the Air. It's wonderful :)

22. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Some people see no value in even the ipad first gen.

Others are happy staying with Ipad 3/4

Others will upgrade in a heartbeat.

I love my Air. Is it for you? Hard to say. You should have bought it last week when the sales were great. If you have to save every penny to get one, well.... why?