iPad iPad Air - it's just died?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Aneres11, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Aneres11 macrumors 65816

Aneres11

Hello everyone.

I've had an iPad Air for just over a month now.

I have been using it today as normal and then closed smart case cover over the screen as usual and off I went out.

Came back in, opened the cover, no response. Weird, I thought, as I had over 50% battery when I left it.

So I thought, maybe the battery died - so plugged it in. It has been on charge for over an hour and won't come back on.

What can I do?! I really don't understand or know what to do. I googled it and the only thing I got was to hold the home button and sleep/wake button for 10 seconds but apparently that resets everything which I don't want as I've never backed it up to iTunes. I know, I know - silly.

Any idea? Why would it just die? Thanks for any help in advance.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Holding the home and sleep buttons will not erase all or your data. It will, if it can, reboot your device.

3. Charliebird macrumors 6502a

Call Apple support, you might have a short in it. Get a documented case open with Apple.

4. amzi160586 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I've had a horrible fuew days with my 32gb Air..

Bought mine on 18th, straight out of the box the Ipad would not turn on (dead Ipad)..walked into the Reagents Street Apple Store on the 19th they changed it over...

Got home that evening, set Ipad up, was messing around on Photobooth, which then suddenly froze with a bunch of yellow lines on the scree...had to do a hard reset, and again Ipad seems dead..does not turn back on..

Any one experienced that?

5. irnchriz macrumors 65816

irnchriz

I have had this happen before. As above just hold the home and power buttons till it comes back to life (10-15 secs or so)

Response to op

6. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

You got to be very unlucky as this is very rare.

I suggest you return this one, too and if it happens again, do it again!

Sorry for your trouble

7. amzi160586 macrumors newbie

Well it is quite annoying, kind of killing the user experience...will take it back tonight to have it swapped over again, but if it happens again, guess I'll just get a refund back from Amazon and move on to another product...sure it's just down to bad luck really.

8. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

It kinda worries me that the store got a bad batch but you are having different things happen to each.

You can always get your money back and order it from Apple or even Amazon to see it you have better luck.

I have purchased Apple hardware for years and NEVER had the first problem, ever.

9. StarShot macrumors 6502

StarShot

I had an iPad 2 turn to toast one day while carrying it with only one hand holding the right side of the bezel. When I got to the next room and turned it on, all I saw were streaks of light.

Took it into an Apple store and was told something disconnected underneath the bezel. Since it was out of warrantee, they offered to sell me a refurbish one on a trade it. Instead, I just bought a new one and sold the toasted one on eBay with FULL DISCLOSURE. To my surprise, someone bought it for $200. I think it was for parts since I never heard a complaint from the new buyer.

Net result of all of this is I NEVER hold my iPad Air by one side when carrying it from room to room. Instead, it ALWAYS gets the 2 handed cradle carry.

10. Medic311, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014

Medic311 macrumors 68000

Medic311

the older iPads were fairly easy to repair presuming there wasn't any damage to the board itself. hence why it sold for so much