iPad air lag

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by TommyA6, Dec 4, 2013.

1. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

Noticed one thing.
    On iPad air, when I select a preview image on the App Store (to enlarge it), the animation is awfully laggy (android 2008 laggy, 5 fps). This is with increase contrast OFF. When I turn increase contrast ON, the same animation is buttery smooth. There are obviously some issues with transparency in iOS 7, and it's not only when it is used (like keyboard). There is no transparency used in image preview in the App Store, yet, it is very very laggy.
    I guess smoothness is the only thing we lost (or went backwards) with iOS 7 (currently), for me at least.. Hopefully 7.1 fixes all of this issues.
    Try the same thing on your devices and post. (It is smooth on my iPhone 5)
    :)

2. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

I am using 7.1 on my Air and it doesn't look bad to me at all. I have increase contrast off.

3. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

7.1 fixes much of this. Further proof it's the software even buggy on a fast device. It'll be a long time before all that 64 bit power will ever be put to use.

4. deluxeshredder macrumors 6502a

In my experience the whole iOS 7 is Android 2008 laggy and buggy.

5. pickaxe macrumors 6502a

iOS 7 has MAJOR problems maintaining good framerates with transparency enabled (aka with Increase Contrast disabled). See - going back a page in Whatsapp, activating Spotlight, rotating the keyboard... Thing is, with transparency disabled it's even more hideous.

iOS 7 really IS as reminiscent of pre-4.0 Android as far as optimization goes. Except iOS 7 gets no slack, because the number of different devices to deploy it is much smaller and all drivers were written by Apple themselves.

6. TommyA6 thread starter macrumors 65816

It runs better on my iPhone 5 than on my Air. It needs a fair amount of optimization, especially for ipads. 7.1 beta 1 seems noticeably better.(At least judging by posts here).

7. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

My r mini lags when I change the orientation in appstore, messages and so on, but all those fancy animations and blur are activated.