Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacMandy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2006
Manchester, UK
Hi everyone,

I'd like to go to the Apple Store in the Trafford Centre in Manchester on Friday 1st. I have been to the iPad 2 launch there and it was good. I'm just after any info regarding times, places, stock and I'm interested to know if anyone else is going and what model they're after.

I just sold my ipad mini and was going to get a retina ipad mini, but I've been swayed by the ipad Air. Going for white/silver 64GB wifi

:)

Threni

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2013
I will probably be going Arndale seen as I have never been to Trafford Centre!!!

Either 64gb with 4G or 128gb. I use my iPad more than any other electronic device. Laptop, iPhone (yes 5S :) )

Humza001

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2013
Stoke On Trent
Hi, I am also thinking to go to Trafford centre to get the iPad air.

Only thing is that when I went to get the iPhone 5s the stocks were too low and I waited a good 4-5 hours just to find out they only had Slate 32Gb and 64Gb available.

So I am not sure if I should go to Trafford centre...

I am thinking of getting there around 6.30am as I am travelling from stoke...

Hopefully the demand for the iPad is less than the iPhone so we can hopefully pick up iPad air on launch...

what do you guys think? :confused:

MacMandy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2006
Manchester, UK
John Lewis, Cheadle

I spoke to someone this morning at John Lewis in Cheadle and they said they should be getting plenty in on Friday morning. They are opening earlier than usual at 8am and as long as you get there before opening or soon after, you should be ok. I'm assuming the same will apply to the Trafford Centre branch of John Lewis.

Also you get their 2 year guarantee and excellent customer service.

I think I'm just too old now to queue for hours like I did for the ipad 2. I'm after a white/silver ipad air 64GB Wifi. I don't think this will be one of the most popular ones, so fingers crossed. :eek:

rhino7

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
I spoke to someone this morning at John Lewis in Cheadle and they said they should be getting plenty in on Friday morning. They are opening earlier than usual at 8am and as long as you get there before opening or soon after, you should be ok. I'm assuming the same will apply to the Trafford Centre branch of John Lewis.

Also you get their 2 year guarantee and excellent customer service.

I think I'm just too old now to queue for hours like I did for the ipad 2. I'm after a white/silver ipad air 64GB Wifi. I don't think this will be one of the most popular ones, so fingers crossed. :eek:

I called up JL at the Trafford Centre today and they said they can't tell me whether they'll have any stock. They did say that they will be opening at the normal time, i.e. no early opening.

Internaut

macrumors 65816
I called up JL at the Trafford Centre today and they said they can't tell me whether they'll have any stock. They did say that they will be opening at the normal time, i.e. no early opening.

I've noticed it's not unusual for JL at the Trafford Centre to be a week or so behind, when it comes to the latest tech toys. Pity really - makes for an all round more enjoyable buying experience, compared to a crowded Apple store.

MacMandy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2006
Manchester, UK
Worth knowing

Thanks for that. That's worth knowing.

pward

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2008
I've noticed it's not unusual for JL at the Trafford Centre to be a week or so behind, when it comes to the latest tech toys. Pity really - makes for an all round more enjoyable buying experience, compared to a crowded Apple store.

They aren't always being the curve; bought my iPad 3 from JL at Trafford Centre on the evening of launch day.

MacMandy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2006
Manchester, UK
John Lewis, Cheadle

Just opened up my new 64Gb Silver Wifi Air. It's gorgeous! Went to John Lewis in Cheadle at 7am and was 4th in the queue. All 4 of us girls at the front. They opened at 8am and gave us tickets. A slight delay at the tills as they wouldn't process the bar codes to start with, but the staff were wonderful and came round with tea and coffee and kept us updated.

Also snagged a Speck Style Folio that was on offer for half price (£17.47) when purchased with an iPad Air.

I am in love :)

tonywalk

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2007
Broadbottom,Cheshire
Just opened my 128GB slate grey got from the Trafford Centre Apple store. Arrived about 6:45 and was about 20th in the queue. Staff came along the queue showing us the two colours and the cases. Offered us water - apparently the Trafford Centre have stopped them serving us coffee.

I am now in Victor Meldrew mode. The size of this thing is unbelievable. Can't wait to blast through a few apps with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.