iPad Ipad Air Lcd & Digitizer replaced...I'm new

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SanDiego92110, May 24, 2015.

1. SanDiego92110, May 24, 2015
    Last edited: May 24, 2015

SanDiego92110 macrumors newbie

So this is first post. Visit site with some frequency. Please be nice to the new guy. :)

ISSUE at HAND: I cannot get item to power up NOR does it appear in Itunes after going through resets or DFU mode. (Don't F#ck Up mode as I call it)

Bought this Air A1475 on Ebay from a retailer that sold this item as-is / damaged in store. For whatever reason, it was not fixed and basically item is 95% new - but it only had Logic Board and Rear Housing. The front was smashed in. I bought LCD and digitizer -- installed earlier today. I remember the seller stated (on my request) that battery may be completely dead/useless. However, no other issues were noted and item was operational otherwise -- ACCORDING to Seller.

I have older Ipad 2 and Ipod so I am aware of all hard resets. But could a battery keep the unit from even displaying the logo?? Assuming, of course, it is plugged in...I've never ran across apple device that would not show any image or cue up in Itunes...so my experience is limited.

Please advise where troubleshooting should begin. Please....thank you so much!!

2. SanDiego92110 thread starter macrumors newbie

Bumping for Columbine

Please someone, post answer