iPad iPad Air Leather Smart Cover

titans1127

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2009
I think they only did leather smart covers for the iPad 2/3/4. I believe for the Air last year if you wanted leather you had to get the smart case. Same with this year.

Mr.C

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I think they only did leather smart covers for the iPad 2/3/4. I believe for the Air last year if you wanted leather you had to get the smart case. Same with this year.
That's not correct. I have two Product Red leather smart covers which are specifically for the iPad Air one of which was used quite a bit with my iPad Air. It looks like they discontinued them at some point.

titans1127

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2009
That's not correct. I have two Product Red leather smart covers which are specifically for the iPad Air one of which was used quite a bit with my iPad Air. It looks like they discontinued them at some point.
Unless there was some limited release of them there were no leather smart covers for the original Air.

Mr.C

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Unless there was some limited release of them there were no leather smart covers for the original Air.
Yes you're right. I stand corrected. I just checked they are actually the PU ones and not leather. For some reason I thought they were the leather ones. It's been a year since I got them but haven't used them in the last two or three months.