iPad Ipad Air Logitech keyboard compatible back shell

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by mnbvcxz99, May 11, 2014.

1. mnbvcxz99 macrumors newbie

My father is being given a Logitech ultrathin keyboard for his ipad air birthday present. It seemed the least worst of the choices.

It only covers the front of the ipad not the back. We will have to remove his all over protective case to use it.

Does anyone know of a back shell or case of some sort that would work with it and protect the ipad rear?

All I have found so far is a suggestion of a stick on vinyl skin which would protect against scratches but do nothing for impacts.

Thank you.

2. mcmul macrumors 6502

I plan on purchasing the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard, too. I watched some video reviews on YouTube and someone was using the "Bodyguard" protector on theirs, which hints that only the vinyl and very thin covers are available. I was under the impression that this was the only option so it would be interesting to hear from someone who already owns the keyboard. Anyhow, I would appreciate some general thin/vinyl case recommendations because the "Bodyguard" mentioned above is ugly.

3. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Nothing short of a keyboard cover is going to give your dad the ease of switching from "netbook" to "tablet" modes.

I have an iPad 4 with the Logitech ultrathin keyboard and covered the backs of both (with careful cutaways) with clear contact paper. I also have a smartcover for when I'm not using the keyboard cover.

I use a Targus Citygear bag to transport it. It is so compact and yet offers plenty of room and easy to insert/remove the iPad that I use it whenever I take my iPad out of the house.

You won't find a back shell that WON'T interfere with the keyboard cover.

Are impacts that much of a concern?

4. ZipZap macrumors 601

There is not going to be a normal back cover that you won't have to remove before inserting the iPad in the keyboard slot.

Use a film back.

I have the new Logitech. Its ok here are my gripes:
    1)Magnetic bar is just too big. Huge.
    2) No Latch, so it might not stay closed in all cases
    3) No Auto-on feature when iPad is inserted

I am going to wait for the clam case