iPad iPad Air magnets make sound with Smart Cover.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mustu, Apr 8, 2014.

1. mustu macrumors 6502

Hi all I know there have been a fewer threads regarding this issue, but you're is what I found. If you have a Wi-Fi plus 3G iPad Air and you get clicking sound like closing the smart cover or by folding it back then carry out the following steps.

First step
    Remove the Sim card tray.

Second step
    Now you will see a small metal lever which is the part that is pressed for ejecting the sim tray. If you move your Smart Cover near that you will notice that it moves and makes a clicking sound.

I also get a bit of a click near the volume button and I don't thing it is the magnets in the iPad but I think it's in a small moving part that kind of makes the click when the cover is closed or opened.

THIS IS NOT THE IOS CLICK I AM TALKING ABOUT. I HAVE TURNED THAT OFF. AND ALSO HAVE MY MUTE BUTTON ON!!!

2. MandiMac macrumors 6502

Had this problem too

Now it has solved itself. The anmoying clicking noises of the magnets are gone, because - no joke - the magnets rotated 180 degrees over the last few months.

Now my Smart Cover doesn't close, but it hovers above the edge it's supposed to cover! Dang, but well ... now I have got a special iPad

3. mustu thread starter macrumors 6502

4. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

5. kristalsoldier macrumors regular

kristalsoldier

What if you have the WIFI only device?

6. MandiMac macrumors 6502

Well, thanks for playing. I'm saying that I got a faulty device that managed to do just that, not a flawless one :) Look at the photo: The magnets in the cover are functional (so no Smart Cover issue there), and well - see for yourself...

Attached Files:

7. MandiMac macrumors 6502

Another angle - as I said, mine is special :)

Attached Files:

8. mustu thread starter macrumors 6502

Well what can I say! I don't think I can deal with swapping units as if they land up with dust or dead pixels etc unit the cover stops working..... Why the f can't apple solve its QC is amazing.

I am one day going to land up with 10 iPads with the dust and screen issues in California...... :)

9. mustu thread starter macrumors 6502

Well what can I say! I don't think I can deal with swapping units as if they land up with dust or dead pixels etc unit the cover stops working..... Why the f can't apple solve its QC is amazing.

I am one day going to land up with 10 iPads with the dust and screen issues in California...... :)

10. Trius macrumors 6502a

Trius

11. Atrin1 macrumors regular

thats what happened to mine. had to get a new ipad. luckily for me they didn't have any brown box ipad air's left so i got a brand new one. no issues like dead pixels, yellow tint, or dust specs

12. mustu, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014

mustu thread starter macrumors 6502

Did they give the reason for what's making the sound?