iPad iPad Air naked? Case? Sleeve?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jaybar, Oct 5, 2014.

1. jaybar macrumors 6502a

jaybar

Hi

I am currently using an iPad Air with an apple leather case, which then is stored in a skeeve at home. When I journey out with the iPad, the iPad in the leather case and sleeve then goes into a waxed canvas shoulder bag. The weight is beginning to get to me, both in terms of travel and or home and office use. In other words, I tend to shy away from using the iPad.

If anything, I should be using the iPad Air more and my iPhone 6 less, given my visual issues

I thought about the iPhone 6 plus to replace the 6, but my hand feels stretched holding it, and the increase in screen size, while significant, would not lead to an appreciable difference in scrolling and pinching, given my vision.

Therefore, I am rethinking how to use my iPad both at home in terms of lightening the load. Given this, is it safe to use the iPad Air naked, at home or in the office? Should I be ditching the apple leather case in favor of a sleeve? Are there sleeves with handles? What might be viable and safe?

2. lokster macrumors 6502

lokster

safe to use the ipad air naked at home or in the office. But traveling outside either zones i tend to use a case

same issue with my ipad 3 before. i just did what was comfortable.

3. Q-Dog macrumors 6502

Q-Dog

I have never been able to comfortably use an ipad without a case ... too slippery for me.

When travelling I have a simple non-padde canvas bag that I can fit the ipad, charger, cables and camera connection kit, plus room for an ipod, earbuds, boarding passes, etc. I sometimes carry the ipad air around in my hand when I go out, it just depends on what I'm doing.

4. jaybar thread starter macrumors 6502a

jaybar

5. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

6. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Interesting.. I don't use a case and have never dropped my iPad..

7. McPc macrumors 6502

McPc

Much easier for me to deal with the iPad with a case. Have one of those Targus 360 cases where you can just prop it up landscape or portrait. I tried it without a case a few times but it just won't ever stay where i want it unless I keep it flat on a table or in my hands.

8. AppleP59 macrumors 6502

;)

Best line.

9. GrindedDown macrumors 6502a

I use mine with a smart cover and when i take it with me somewhere I have a neoprene sleeve. The way I hold the iPad and use it makes it incredibly unlikely that i will drop it as opposed to my phone. I'm almost always holding it with two hands when im using it.

I love the way it feels naked ;) It's a constant reminder to me as to what a feat of engineering this thing is. Seriously, im comstantly amazed that in my lifetime i went from 10" Thick CRT monitors and internet that downloaded 16 color images one line at a time to using this thing. For some reason, that little bit of magic is lost when i use a case with this.

It looks pretty damn cool, dare i say sexy! Space Gray LTE iPad Air with black smart cover. It's awesome.

I usually take the smart cover off when im reading or browsing and put it on if I set it down or plan on typing something thats really long.

10. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Yup that is why I wanted a case but I still use an Apple SmartCover. :apple:

11. betabeta macrumors 6502a

I think it feels best naked, so go naked at home, but too risky when out and about.

12. richardmu macrumors 6502a

I tried my Air naked for for a very short time then got an Apple Smart Case. I like the case so the Air never leaves it.
    Be interesting to see what Apple brings out for the Air 2 next week.