iPad IPad Air not charging

Discussion in 'iPad' started by brynf, Apr 29, 2014.

1. brynf macrumors newbie

Hi!

I bought an iPad in february. It charged OK for the first couple of months, then all of a sudden it wouldn't charge up from the wall outlet. Now it will only charge if i first plug it into my Mac mini desktop, then plug it in at the wall. If i unplug it from the wall and plug it back into the wall, it won't charge.

Here are the things i've tried.

Used another charger - same problem
    tried my chargers on other devices - they work fine
    my charger is the 12w one and came with the ipad
    I have done a reset
    I have updated the OS

time to send it back?

2. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

If you have an Apple store nearby I would make an appointment with the Genius Bar and let them take a look at it. If not, I would call AppleCare.

Good luck!

3. brynf thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeh, I was worried that would be the case.

Thanks for replying

4. ARH1956 macrumors 6502

I had the same problem with an iPad Air. I took it to the Apple Store and they exchanged it. They had seen a few with a loose lightning receptacle in the iPad case. It took a few days to figure out as I assumed a bad lightning cord, charger, etc. before realizing it was the device.

5. shacky macrumors regular

shacky

6. 960design macrumors 68000

We've had a couple of iPad Air's die due to non-Apple charger damaging the charging circuit on the iPad itself.

Apple will check this when sent in for warranty repair. If they find it they will return it to you with a picture and description of the damage.