iPad Air not charging.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by KingTed, Jan 31, 2017.

1. KingTed macrumors newbie

My iPad Air 1 stopped charging last December. The symptoms were that when plugging in the lightening connector, the beep sound indicator of charging was missing. However, if I turned the iPad off and then connected the lightening connector it did start charging and would boot up and work fine. Then some months later, even this process would not start the charging process and essentially the iPad was dead.

I took it to an Apple repair shop for investigation and when it came back from the repair shop and they said that my battery is OK and the problem could be the Motherboard or the Charging Port. They were not equipped to take the investigation further but said that Apple has had a problem with the charging port on this model so it will need to go to Apple for further investigation.

Has anyone had similar problems with the Air 1? and has Apple actually admitted to a problem with the charging port?

2. d5aqoëp macrumors 6502a

d5aqoëp

Did you try with Apple original charger and lightning cable? You have to be sure that the cable you are using is not a fake one.

Fake cables can potentially degrade charging port. That may be a possibility.

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

"Repair" shops can "say" what ever they want. To know for sure it needs to go to Apple.