Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gdoes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
I got my new iPad Air yesterday and restored all my iPad 2 apps to the new iPad Air and noticed the only one that refused to come over is BBM.

I wonder why this worked fine on iPad 2 with iOS 7.0.3, but will not install on iPad Air with iOS 7.0.3? :eek:

Anyone else noticed this? :confused:

-Glenn

gdoes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
See attachment...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    392.9 KB · Views: 180

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Likely the authors hard-coded exactly which iPad models are supported and the Air (plus likely the upcoming new mini) aren't included. Most likely, RIM/BB will have to update the app.

jk1002

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2008
BBM is not an ipad app! iphone only.

How did you get it onto your ipad initially? It should not have installed

sammy-boy

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2013
Staffordshire, UK
iPad Air Not Compatible with BlackBerry Messenger?

I think BBM only works on cellular enabled devices, was your iPad 2 a 3G model, and is your Air one?

I managed to get BBM to install on a 5th gen iPod Touch but it wouldn't run past the setup screen so uninstalled it. Works fine on my iPhone 4S, not tried on my iPad Mini though as suspect it'll do the same as my Touch did.

gdoes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
I think BBM only works on cellular enabled devices, was your iPad 2 a 3G model, and is your Air one?

I managed to get BBM to install on a 5th gen iPod Touch but it wouldn't run past the setup screen so uninstalled it. Works fine on my iPhone 4S, not tried on my iPad Mini though as suspect it'll do the same as my Touch did.

That is not correct at all: my iPad 2 is the wifi only version (as is my iPad Air):
When you do a search for BBM messenger, it doesn't show up in the search unless you select iPhone. However afterwards it installs & runs fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.