Resolved iPad Air not "stereo" speakers ???

Discussion in 'iPad' started by That70sGAdawg, Oct 27, 2013.

1. That70sGAdawg macrumors 6502a

That70sGAdawg

N.Georgia, USA (on the Lake, near the Mountains)
    I watched the presentation and no word about the speakers being "stereo". All the spec sheets on Apple.com say is "speakers", and under input/output "speaker".
    This is a major sound quality deficit if true. I know the separation is only inches, but the quality will suffer with only two "mono" speakers. Even with a sound amplifying case like "ampjacket', less will be there sound quality wise. I bet I'm not the only one who doesn't use ear plugs much, and appreciates good sound.

I'm checking out the new Samsung 10.1 Note tablet this whek while I wait for the iPad Air to be out. The Samsung has two speakers separated on the side (facing out , not front), that are stereo, but a bit "tinny". I was hoping for more with year to wait between iPads....

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

If the internal sound arrangement is the same as the preceding iPads, it will be stereo. Previous iPads have two internal speakers, a left and right channel, that share the same sound grill. Stereo by definition.

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Tablet speakers are low power and rubbish sounding. I can't think of a situation aside from notifications or gaming that they'd be any good for. Certainly useless for music.

Want better sound use an external Bluetooth or AirPlay speaker. Lots of decent choices out there.

4. Epic26 macrumors newbie

the iPad air appears to have two grilles similar to the iPad Mini.
    This could suggest either stereo speakers or a layout like in iPhones, one for microphone, one for speakers.

5. That70sGAdawg, Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013

That70sGAdawg thread starter macrumors 6502a

That70sGAdawg

N.Georgia, USA (on the Lake, near the Mountains)
    I have no doubt that both openings are "speakers" as labeled on the drawing, but two mono speakers- not "stereo"???? iFixit will tear it down soon...