iPad iPad air not turning on

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macman4789, Feb 14, 2014.

1. macman4789 macrumors regular

Hi,

I went to use my iPad air which I'm sure had plenty of charge left in it and found it had gone off or ran our of charge? It was not turning on and so I plugged in to charge. It did not start
    To charge at all and so I left it for a few hours as
    I know sometimes it takes a while to start charging if the battery is completely empty.

After a few hours it was still lifeless! So
    I decided to try the hard reset by pressing the home and top button simultaneously. Thankfully the screen came on indicating that there was no charge and so plugged it in and it started to charge.

Now my question really is does anyone know why this happened? Or is there anything potentially wrong with the device ?

I'm wondering whether something is wrong with the battery?

Many thanks for your help.

2. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Never had any of my iPads do this but if I were you I would keep using it and see if it happens again.

3. macman4789 thread starter macrumors regular

I know you can do a big reset on iPhone aswell and wondered whether this means there is a fault ?

4. eggersj macrumors 6502

eggersj

I'd check the diagnostics log, see if there's anything relevant, and if so, take it back for repair/replacement!! :D

5. Zcott macrumors 68020

I've had this happen on every iOS device I've ever had. Annoying but not a big deal.

6. macman4789 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your replies, how do I check the diagnostics log?

Thanks

7. eggersj macrumors 6502

eggersj

Settings --> general --> about --> usage and diagnostics --> diagnostics and usage data

Then check for anything with the date it failed to turn on...

Let us know what u find!

8. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

If its a one off occurrence then it was likely nothing more than a fluke overload in the software that caused a freak reaction.

if it happens a lot, then perhaps there is something wrong with the hardware

----------

There's few in those logs that will really tell you anything. They are basically software faults. So if anything they will tell you that you should probably restore your software and perhaps an app or two you should consider not using (if it's on there a lot).

There's no on board for bad batteries.

9. eggersj macrumors 6502

eggersj

Just figured there may be some proof to show a genius or something in the log, but I see your point... Either way, I'd take it back. I'm sure they'd help him.