iPad iPad Air or iPad 4 32GB for $300?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Kadin, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

If you had the option, would you save the $300+tax and get the 4 or skip it and get the Air? I will admit, the lighter design is definitely noticeable...

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Depends on your usage. For web, email, music, and movies only, the 4 is plenty fast and powerful. The screen is great. It's considerably heavier and bigger however. But if you are planning to use it mostly at home and don't require maximum portability, it's a fine machine, especially at $300, which if brand new, is quite a bargain.

But if you do get the 4, whatever you do, don't go into an Apple store and play with the Air. :D

3. KhunJay macrumors regular

KhunJay

Sage advice.

I too toyed with the same question a few days ago (mainly spooked by reports of ipad air screen issues)...but decided on the Air....but my store hasnt got stocks yet.

4. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

i can vouch for that x2. i have the air n my gf has the 4. after using the 4, it makes me appreciate the air even more. not saying the 4 is bad, i would save the money n get the 4 if i were u.

5. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Agreed. I was in the same boat and then I went to Best Buy. Bad idea. Started messing with the Air and ended up walking out of the store with one under my arm. That being said, the 4th gen iPad is still quite a nice device and will serve your needs too, I'm sure.

6. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Hey OP what did you end up doing. i am looking to get a 4 to replace my iPad 1. I have been looking on ebay for a 32g iPad4 and so far have not been able to find the price point i want (<350)

7. go ipad macrumors member

go ipad

8. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

I'm a cheapskate, so I'd probably go with the the iPAd4-32Gigs for 1/2 the price of the equivalent Air-32Gigs.

9. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

I say Air. Look for open item ones... I saved $70 on a 64gb rMini. No problems at all.