iPad air or ipad air 2 (6!?)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MrMister111, Nov 1, 2013.

1. MrMister111, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013

MrMister111 macrumors 68010

I have an iPad 2 at the moment, tempted to upgrade to the air, but as I have a 5s I was hoping it may have touchiD.

I think if I sell my iPad 2 then I'll get around £200, it's a 32Gb WiFi, is again get the 32Gb which is £479 so the cost of upgrade if I sell would be around £280-300.

So we reckon iPad air 2 (6) will have touchiD? Is the air a big enough upgrade? I basically use my ipad 2 at home, rarely leaves the house. I use it for games, apps, browsing and reading magazines.

Cheers

2. aixporter macrumors member

aixporter

Very disappointed. I say wait for iPad Air 2. After using the iPhone 5s or awhile, the touch id becomes really necessity.

3. Artofilm macrumors 6502a

Artofilm

Do you feel like getting TouchID on your iPad 2 would make it leaps and bounds better than it is now, or would a faster processor, smaller footprint and possibly larger SSD (depending on what size you buy) make the larger difference?

When it really comes down to it, it really is just a fingerprint scanner.

4. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68010

I'd buy the same size Gb wise, it wouldn't make it leaps and bounds better no of course not, but what I meant was as below, if you have a 5s as I have it becomes extremely convenient to use.

I think I might, the iPad is not something that I've thought needed upgraded as soon as become available, whereas my iPhone I normally upgrade as soon as the new one comes out.

5. Artofilm macrumors 6502a

Artofilm

Ya, I was mostly stating that it really all depends on what you feel you need/want out of an iPad. I've personally never felt that the TouchID would enhance my iPad enjoyment so I just ordered an iPad Air.

6. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68010

Don't think it would enhance as much as does on my phone as the iPad stops at home really, but certainly convenient if you haven't tried it for a decent period of time it becomes 2nd nature.

Are you upgrading from a previous iPad? What model/spec?

7. irnchriz macrumors 65816

irnchriz

Get the iPad air, the retina display is enough of a reason to upgrade from the iPad 2. (Not to mention the size/weight reduction)

I upgraded today from a 4th Gen. (4th gen went to my son and I sold his iPad 2 on)

8. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68010

That's what in thinking....

How do you use your iPad? Out and about? Home only? For what use?

Can I ask how much you got for the iPad 2, what model it was and where you sold it for reference for me.

Thanks

9. Artofilm macrumors 6502a

Artofilm

Never have personally owned an iPad before, but I have borrowed one for a few weeks before. Have an iPhone 5 at the moment. I had a MacBook Pro 15" retina up until about 1/2 a month ago when I got sick of it and wanted something simpler so I sold it in hopes to get the newest iPad when it was announced.

10. Moonjumper macrumors 68000

I don't think TouchID is important if your device doesn't leave your home. Do you feel the need for a lock code in the house?

11. irnchriz macrumors 65816

irnchriz

I use my iPad out and about for remote server access over 3G. I also use it for general browsing and reading. I have a MacBook Pro and 27" iMac and a Mac mini server, so switch to whichever device is required at the time.

I got £200 for my 32gb iPad 2 3G from one of my inlaws. You can get a bit more on ebay but as it was in mint condition with the smartcover they said that they would like to buy it.

Normally the upgrades run down my house. E.g. From me> wife> My 2 sons.

Now we have the iPad Air, 4th gen, 3rd gen and the mini.

12. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68010

Got an iPad Air 32Gb WiFi. Sold my iPad 2 for £240, bought from JL seven though knew could get cheaper elsewhere but JL I got a 3 year warranty with it.