iPad Air or iPad Air 2 ?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by alexxn, Oct 30, 2014.

1. alexxn macrumors regular

So I just sold my iPad 3 and am in the market for a new one, I can get a 16GB refurb iPad Air for $339 or a 16GB iPar Air 2 for Education price of $479.

Is it really worth the difference of $140 for the Air 2 ?

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

What are your main uses? Are you going to be doing lots of photos with it? Is Touch ID a big deal to you? The hardware in the Air 2 has been beefed up but the Air is still a powerful device and plenty capable.

IMO, I'd save the money and get the Air or even use that extra money towards more storage or whatever else.

Depends on what you are going to do with it though.

3. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

I don't think the Air 2 is worth $140 more than the Air. I returned my Air 2 after 3 days. If I was buying a new iPad today, I'd get the Air with 32GB. Just the right amount of storage for me.

The Air 2 was faster and the screen was a little better, but I didn't care for the way it shook when the volume was turned up and Safari crashed as often on the 2 as it does on my Air.

4. Tzerlag macrumors regular

Tzerlag

I'd probably go for the iPad Air 2. It's not a huge difference in capabilities etc., but it's new, not refurbished, and that's a good price. Plus Touch ID is (I find) very convenient.

The Air 2 isn't a big enough jump for me to upgrade my Air but if I was making the choice, for $140, I'd get the Air2.

5. danthe93 macrumors member

danthe93

6. mario-64 macrumors regular

Save both money and headaches by choosing the Air. Either that or wait until Apple gets ios 8 into some form of stability so it doesn't constantly drop wifi. Then you could go for the Air 2