All iPads iPad air or mini for drawing

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ronincse, Nov 2, 2013.

1. ronincse macrumors regular

ronincse

Hello everyone! First post here. I'm planning on getting an iPad for my wife for x-mas this year and one of the main reasons is so she can draw on the go (she's been working on making a Manga as a hobby).

So my question is if the larger screen of the Air would be worth it, or if the smaller and more portable (and cheaper!) mini would be a better choice. Has anyone out there done much drawing on the current mini? I know the new one will be a better resolution but I'm more curious about weather the small screen would be too constraining.

Also I plan on getting her a stylus, most likely the Wacom Creative, if that makes any difference as well. Thanks everyone!

2. mso4 macrumors regular

My gf has been using a Wacom stylus on a mini iPad for the past 2 months and she absolutely loves it!

She likes it because it's small, fits in her hand/ purse, and she can take it with her anywhere. I just got the Air yesterday and while she likes it she didn't say anything like I wish I had the Air. I think your wife would love the new mini.