iPad iPad Air - order Nov 1 or wait till Christmas?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Math3matical, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Math3matical macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Hope this isn't already covered, I did do a quick forum search.

Basically the iPad Air is a 'shut up and take my money!!!' situation for me :D

The thing is, I'll be in a much better position financially to purchase it mid/late-December (Christmas present for me woo-hoo!) but I am concerned it might be out of stock? Obviously its hard to predict now but what do you think-- will the iPad Air (i'm getting 32gb Wi-fi) be easy to obtain before Christmas or could there be big delays after an initial sell-out?

I'm tempted to order Nov 1 but I'd much rather wait if I can.

For what it's worth I'm in Australia.

Thanks guys!

2. BSDanalyst macrumors regular

There will be an abundant supply of iPad air, extremely tight supply of iPad mini 2 on the other hand during the holidays

3. bobright macrumors 601

And why is that?

4. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Well acquiring the Air may be a different situation than the iPad 4 which was so available last year that I have to question if that had something to do with it being put on sale for the holidays so quickly after its release.

If you wait, you may catch a sale AND have an extended return period which retailers have for the holidays.

----------

So Apple sells more Airs for the holidays than Mini 2s! :D

5. BSDanalyst macrumors regular

Can't give anymore information aside from that.

My post came before this news article:
    http://www.macrumors.com/2013/10/30/sharps-low-yield-of-displays-reportedly-causing-retina-ipad-mini-shortage/

You can decide whether to believe me or not. ;)

6. Math3matical thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone! I will wait and purchase in December then. Can't wait, I'm upgrading from the 1st gen ipad which I sold on ebay last month for $300. I love how Apple holds a lot of value for resale, lessens the guilt of buying more ;)

7. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Extended holiday return period occurs using towards the end of November at least in the US for most retailers. Just check around and buy when that kicks in. Best Buy here offers interest free for 18 months if funds are an issue.