iPad iPad air release date

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rbfinch2, Sep 28, 2014.

1. rbfinch2 macrumors member

When will we know the actual iPad air release date or keynote this month? Just curious. First week of October for the announcement of the keynote?

I heard on a site that it might not make this October because of production issues.

2. rbfinch2 thread starter macrumors member

3. miketheappleguy macrumors regular

How are we suppose to know anymore than a news site?

4. rbfinch2 thread starter macrumors member

Let me clarify my question. When does apple usually let people know about an upcoming keynote presentation. For example, I wasn't really watching the news on Apple's keynote announcement or "special event" that they posted on their website the iPhones. Was it two weeks heads up or more?

5. miketheappleguy macrumors regular

Usually like 10 days before the keynote

6. rbfinch2 thread starter macrumors member

Okay cool, I was just trying to look through the MacRumors archives. So we may know something will be going down in a week or two.

7. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I'm interested as well as I just bought an Air. Sadly, their return policy was only 14 days. Like had a $75 off deal and $30 student discount that I couldn't pass up.

8. rbfinch2 thread starter macrumors member

I've been patiently waiting but in need of a tablet. So, I hope the wait is worth it or I'm going to try out a Samsung Tab S.

9. miketheappleguy macrumors regular

10. rbfinch2 thread starter macrumors member

I had a macbook but sold it. I'll just be using it for watching videos (Hbo Go etc.), word processing and power points on the go. I need a cheap and light versions of a laptop. I had the mini but I sold that as well.

11. Crosscreek macrumors 68030

Crosscreek

I'm betting October 21. Whether there is a keynote, whats the need.

12. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

that date was already put out there and given the nope by Jim D. He made no comment if it might be before or after that date, just that nothing is happening on the 21st

13. Crosscreek macrumors 68030

Crosscreek

So Jimmy d. now runs Apple? He said we were not going to get NFC on the iPhone 6 too.

14. AppleP59 macrumors 6502

He said Nope to two new iPads and release the next version of its Mac operating system at its next event on Oct. 21

Although it's the most simple etc that he was saying Nope to the event being held on the 21st. It could also be a Nope to there being two iPads

15. Crosscreek macrumors 68030

Crosscreek

He is nothing more than a talking head.

16. mattburley7 macrumors 68030

guess we just have to wait and see when invites go out for a event.. hopefully next 1-2 weeks?

17. AppleP59 macrumors 6502

*With a beard.

18. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I have a hard time believing we won't see new iPads in October. Apple is smart enough to understand the holiday season and when products need to be released.

19. mattburley7 macrumors 68030

well the earnings call is scheduled for october 20th so that rules out an media event for the 21st.. all events have been before the earnings call so it would have to be around october 13-14th otherwise i dont think there is no event/no new ipads :confused:

20. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Don't expect a keynote or event (the Air update is considered minor). Apple will most likely just update the Air in the stores.

21. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

That is highly unlikely to happen with a flagship product such as the iPad. This isn't going to be a minor spec bump, but a significant update. It'll probably an update similar in size to the iPad 3 which had it's own Keynote, although shared with the Apple TV. I'd expect a late October keynote where they'll announce.

New Mac's
    New iPad Air
    New iPad Mini
    Possible that some iPod updates may be slipped in too.

22. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

iPads are big enough to warrant their own keynote.

Apple will probably also discuss iPod/Mac at the event too.

23. mattburley7 macrumors 68030

I have no idea when this event will be. earnings call is the 20th so they wouldn't have an event the day after which is the 21st. that day was shut down anyway already. people claim Yosemite release is the 21st though and would be announced just at the earnings call.. if that is done when are the ipads going to be announced? silent update? press release only? or doing the conference call too? an event on the 14th like the leaked GM build date shows? so many open dates.

24. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

We should know within the next 7 days if there's going to be an event.. People will start getting their invitations

25. bobright macrumors 601

Yeah right