All iPads iPad Air/Retina Mini Chamfer - How is Yours Holding Up?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nickpro, Jan 8, 2014.

1. nickpro macrumors regular

I know this topic has been beaten to death, but I thought I'd check in with you all. I've had my Space Gray Air for a little over a month now and have noticed a couple small nicks on the chamfer area (out of nowhere). I use a Smart Cover and take very good care of it (hasn't left the house). Is this something that is normal? For those of you with original Minis - have you accumulated a fair amount of these over time? I know buying something like the Smart Case would prevent this but I really prefer the Cover because it truly allows the Air's slim design to shine. Thanks for your feedback!

2. A11en macrumors newbie

I keep catching my ring on mine.

Still mint though.

3. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

I have the iPad air in white, and mine is holding up really well. It doesn't have a single blemish anywhere. I've had mine since November 1st.

4. djjohnson macrumors newbie

djjohnson

I have had mine for over three weeks now and the chamfered egdes are in pristine condition.
    No issues whatsoever.
    :cool:

5. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I've had mine since Black Friday and it still has just the one original nick that it came with. (I didn't notice the nick until a day or two later, decided I didn't care that much).

Mine goes in/out of my backpack purse daily, off to meetings in the office, and all over the house. I just have a SmartCover on the front and a Gelaskin decal on the back. I don't wear a lot of jewelry outside of a wedding ring though, so maybe I'm less apt to nick it since I don't wear a watch/bracelet.

6. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

7. blasto2236 macrumors 6502a

I just got my Air yesterday, so time will tell. I can say that I picked up several over a year with the original mini, and I used a smartcover, never dropped it, and rarely traveled with it. The change from slate to space grey was supposed to alleviate that problem, though. I ended up with a silver Air so I'm hoping it holds up better in that regard. Interested to see how it compares to my space grey 5s.