iPad iPad air Safari crashing thanks to bad coded website including macrumours,

Discussion in 'iPad' started by EdgardasB, Sep 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdgardasB macrumors 6502a

EdgardasB

Hello. I have iPad air restored as new, iOS 7.1.2. Today I have noticed that Safari keep crashing while surfing via Macrumours website. Got 10 crashes in 3 minutes. At diagnostic no low memory logs, just Safari crashes logs. Furthermore, when I have disabled javascript, crashing dissapeared. Seems that there are issues with iOS javascript which is triggered by bad coded websites.
    Anyone also getting Safari crashes while surfing Macrumours via iPad air? Especialy today. Thanks

2. Binarymix macrumors 6502a

Yes. Safari randomly crashes when clicking links to the forum from the front page.

iPhone seems unaffected.

3. EdgardasB thread starter macrumors 6502a

EdgardasB

Also trying to open any post at front page gives crashes 90% of time. No issues also with iPhone or Mac, only with iPad air o_O

4. Charliebird macrumors 6502a

I don't think you can blame the website's coding if the problem only occurs on a certain type of device.

5. EdgardasB thread starter macrumors 6502a

EdgardasB

But the problem occured today and iPad Air Safari crashing only at Macrumours website. Strange but something wrong with website coding. Maybe it only appears on iPad air because iPad air has the worst browsing experience I have ever had- crashes, tabs reloading....

6. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1771789

You are not the only one. Read these thred for more info

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Please use the feedback forum thread for any further discussions to avoid confusion and any duplication of the discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.