iPad air safari issue

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bwsteg, Nov 3, 2013.

1. bwsteg macrumors 6502

At times when I have 4 tabs open on safari, the iPad goes to the homescreen. Then when I reopen safari, all my tabs reload. Is this normal?

2. bwsteg thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Saturn007 macrumors 6502

We have an Air, too. Haven't had that happen, though.

I have, a couple of times, had it jump to another web page because of an inadvertent thumb base resting.

Now, I'd recommend practicing various pinch gestures.

Several fingers pinch-zooming out (?) will take you the multi-task bar; maybe there's some gesture that takes you home!

4. kaiseryeahhh macrumors regular

kaiseryeahhh

Low memory issues...
    In my iPad solved whit put in Dfu and install firmware from getios.
    The crashes now is minimal.

5. kuau macrumors newbie

Are you saying by install the bios from getios solves the safari crashing issue because of low memory issues?

6. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

It's a bug.

Safari shouldn't be reloading as frequently as it does, and it shouldn't be crashing.

I would expect this to be addressed in a future software update.

7. kuau macrumors newbie

I hope apple addresses this ASAP.
    I called support last night and they told me to do a full reset and try again. which I did and it crashed right away. The support guy then told me its a hardware issue and to return the iPad air for a replacement.
    You've got to be kidding

8. Saturn007 macrumors 6502

I have had repeated Safari crashes. Far more than we ever had on the original iPad (it's still going strong, in fact). Indeed, we rarely ever have had crashes on the iPad 1.

I'm getting repeated crashes on Safari, however. The only good thing is that on a re-launch, it re-opens all the previous tabs, so you do end up back where you started.