iPad iPad air scratch question.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Prawnstar69, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Prawnstar69 macrumors regular

does scratches come easy on the back of the iPad air?

2. mobutt macrumors 6502

3. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

It is "soft" aluminum. If worried, I suggest at least a thin "shell" to cover the back.

4. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

I had an invisashield installed professionally on the back of the iPad mini, which covers the sides as well. It fits really well, and provides excellent protection to the back, while still allowing you to have a similar experience while holding the iPad in your hands.

5. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

No, it doesn't scratch easily. I've bumped it on the side of tables many times, and I have no scuffs or scratches anywhere. I don't use a case, but I keep my iPad in a sleeve when I take it with me.

6. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

I've had my Air since launch day and not a single scratch anywhere on mine, including the back. Of course, I am careful with my devices to the point of OCD.

7. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

My reason to use a thin hard shell to cover the back. It allows me to enjoy my device and set it down without a worry to the point of "OCD"!

Anyone who does not protect the back and just tosses it anywhere when done WILL end up with scratches, even though some have "magical aluminum" that can not be scratched or scuffed. :p