laff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2009
Long time iPad user...my last iPad was the iPad 3 (with iOS 7). I bought a iPad Air today and noticed that the text is a little like the pre-iPad retina (choppy). I did not notice this a s much on my iPad 3. Some say it may be due to the new screen thickness, etc...

Like to know evryones thougts on this. If I enlarge the text (reverse pinch) it is clean. But looking at the text on the main screen for example, the text under the app (name of app) seems a little choppy as does the rest of the text.

uberpooter

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2012
Long time iPad user...my last iPad was the iPad 3 (with iOS 7). I bought a iPad Air today and noticed that the text is a little like the pre-iPad retina (choppy). I did not notice this a s much on my iPad 3. Some say it may be due to the new screen thickness, etc...

Like to know evryones thougts on this. If I enlarge the text (reverse pinch) it is clean. But looking at the text on the main screen for example, the text under the app (name of app) seems a little choppy as does the rest of the text.

It's the new font in iOS 7. Also, chill out.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
It's the new font in iOS 7. Also, chill out.

Chill out? Why would you even say such a thing? OP has a valid concern. He was using iOS 7 on his iPad 3 and didn't have the text problem, but he does on the Air. So perhaps it's not "the new font".

Agree. This poster made a dumb statement about chilling out. Sometimes we should all re-read our posts first, before posting, and ask ourselves, is this post mature or stupid. ;)

OSMac

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2010

Glad you said that, as I thought the same, text at times appeared less 'retina' than on the 4 with iOS 6.

Not sure if it's the Air LCD or fonts in iOS 7, but it's really a minor difference.

One thing for sure is I'll never sell my 4 with iOS 6 on it...

ArztMac

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2011
Glad you said that, as I thought the same, text at times appeared less 'retina' than on the 4 with iOS 6.

Not sure if it's the Air LCD or fonts in iOS 7, but it's really a minor difference.

One thing for sure is I'll never sell my 4 with iOS 6 on it...

Noticed that as well.

Whenever the LCD merged with the Glass (iPhone 5 and later), screen does seem just a tiny bit less retina.

First, it was quite distracting, but now I've gotten used to it.

Giuly

macrumors 68040
Agree. This poster made a dumb statement about chilling out. Sometimes we should all re-read our posts first, before posting, and ask ourselves, is this post mature or stupid. ;)

Dear Mr. Giuly,
we understand that you are concerned with what the **** being wrong with us, throttling your data to 64kbit/s after 2GB while sending you a bill for $130 each month for a single line without unlimited text or voice.

<Your carrier> is providing world-class service at competitive prices, operating in over 10 markets world wide with close to 100 million satisfied customers. <Your carrier> has been rated as the #1 carrier in coverage, customer service and satisfaction by <insert random organisation> for the last 200 years in a row.

After careful evaluation of your concern, we'd like to inform you that unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about that except for scheduling an increase of 10% on your monthly bill in advance for the next renewal of your contract. Please find attached a cheque to cover the cost of one (1) candlelight dinner for one person.

Yours sincerely
<Your carrier>

Your post reminds me of my local mobile carrier.

Last edited:

Ksc272

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2013
Ohio
Not to hijack this thread or anything but , does anyone with ipad air feel like screen is choppy sometimes? Especially noticeable when scrolling in web browsing and swiping between different home screens. I was under the impression that this new 64bit CPU was a beast and should have the new ipad screaming smooth .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.