iPad iPad Air Screen - Choppy Text with new screen technology?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by laff, Nov 1, 2013.

1. laff macrumors newbie

Long time iPad user...my last iPad was the iPad 3 (with iOS 7). I bought a iPad Air today and noticed that the text is a little like the pre-iPad retina (choppy). I did not notice this a s much on my iPad 3. Some say it may be due to the new screen thickness, etc...

Like to know evryones thougts on this. If I enlarge the text (reverse pinch) it is clean. But looking at the text on the main screen for example, the text under the app (name of app) seems a little choppy as does the rest of the text.

2. uberpooter macrumors member

It's the new font in iOS 7. Also, chill out.

3. Tikatika macrumors 6502

Tikatika

Chill out? Why would you even say such a thing? OP has a valid concern. He was using iOS 7 on his iPad 3 and didn't have the text problem, but he does on the Air. So perhaps it's not "the new font".

4. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

Agree. This poster made a dumb statement about chilling out. Sometimes we should all re-read our posts first, before posting, and ask ourselves, is this post mature or stupid. ;)

5. OSMac macrumors 65816

Glad you said that, as I thought the same, text at times appeared less 'retina' than on the 4 with iOS 6.

Not sure if it's the Air LCD or fonts in iOS 7, but it's really a minor difference.

One thing for sure is I'll never sell my 4 with iOS 6 on it...

6. ArztMac macrumors regular

ArztMac

Noticed that as well.

Whenever the LCD merged with the Glass (iPhone 5 and later), screen does seem just a tiny bit less retina.

First, it was quite distracting, but now I've gotten used to it.

7. Giuly, Nov 2, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013

Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Your post reminds me of my local mobile carrier.

8. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

9. Rockies macrumors 6502

The screen also feels springy not as solid as the prior generation Ipads.

10. Ksc272 macrumors newbie

Not to hijack this thread or anything but , does anyone with ipad air feel like screen is choppy sometimes? Especially noticeable when scrolling in web browsing and swiping between different home screens. I was under the impression that this new 64bit CPU was a beast and should have the new ipad screaming smooth .