iPad iPad Air Screen Randomly Does Not Rotate

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gregpod9, Nov 27, 2013.

1. gregpod9 macrumors regular

Last week I bought a 32 GB iPad Air and randomly the screen gets stuck in landscape mode. I rebooted the iPad Air and and restored the iPad through iTunes and I still get the non-rotating screen at random times. Is this a known issue with IOS 7 or is my iPad Air defective?

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Could be defective hardware. If you restored it and it's still doing it, I'd get it replaced.

3. doboy macrumors 68000

I've ran into that problem few times with my rMini. I just turn off the screen for few sec and it usually works.

4. v0lume4 macrumors 68000

v0lume4

This happens to me sometimes on my iPhone 5... I think it's iOS 7.

Actually come to think of it it even happened on iOS 6.

5. bbchick macrumors newbie

My 32gb air gets stuck in landscape mode a few times a day also. It also crashes 5 - 6 times a day. Really annoying. :(

6. The Flying Kite macrumors regular

I've had this happen once on my iPad Air and twice on my iPad 2. One time was on iOS 6 and the other two times were on iOS 7. I had to turn off and back on the iPad to fix the problem every time.

7. johndoe588 macrumors regular

I've had it twice on my air. First time, a week ago, required a reboot. No combination of sleep/wake or the orientation lock button would help. Last night it got stuck again and I put it aside. This morning it's back to normal. A minor inconvenience in what has been a pretty good ipad.

8. gregpod9 thread starter macrumors regular

I returned my iPad Air today and got a refund at Best Buy. It was having more issues besides the random non-rotating screen that happens at least every 15 minutes. The issues were low memory message popups, Safari crushing and other web browsers crushing, and the screen of death messages. Best Buy customer service rep told me that they had at least 25 iPad Air's returned to them this week.