iPad Ipad Air screen washed out compared to Ipad2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rimmi2002, Jan 6, 2014.

1. rimmi2002 macrumors member

Apr 6, 2011
    Hi I just switched from an IPad 2 to Ipad air. I expected the display to be better but all colors looks dull compared to the Ipad2. I played clash of clans alot. it looks rich of Ipad 2. On Ipad air purple does not even look like purple. Is there suposse to be a big difference in the screens for the two, or did I get stuck with a bad display? Are there different manufacturers for displays in ipad air like there were for the macbook air? Thanks.
  2. seble macrumors 6502a

Sep 6, 2010
    I think there are different suppliers for all Apple screens but be wrong. I remember as I had my iPhone 4 swapped out about 3 times over screens I deemed unacceptable. I suggest if you can take your iPad to an apple store and compare some images with the display models, if it doesn't seem right book yourself a genius appointment. I'm pretty sure the Air screen should be better than the 2!
  3. rimmi2002 thread starter macrumors member

Apr 6, 2011
    Anyway for me tell my supplier?
  4. seble macrumors 6502a

Sep 6, 2010
    Don't think there is maybe serial number might help but I don't really have that kinda knowledge! Sorry
  5. maflynn Moderator

Staff Member

May 3, 2009
    Nope, people tried to infer display maker from the serial number but that was suspect at best.