iPad iPad Air screen

Discussion in 'iPad' started by skillwill, Dec 18, 2013.

1. skillwill macrumors regular

No one else is doing it so here it is. Just got my iPad Air (wifi, 32gb) - was extremely worried after reading people's experiences since release on this site. Screen is perfect though, no colour problems, light bleed, etc. etc. etc. All good. Well done Apple quality control.

2. troy14 macrumors 6502a

3. zuckuss00 macrumors member

My iPad Air is production week 44.

When did the problems occur? When were they fixed? I honestly haven't noticed anything wrong with mine so far. But I don't really know what to be looking for...

4. skillwill thread starter macrumors regular

Got it from simply electronics - at a great price, the 32gb wifi is the same price as a 16gb wifi is in the Apple store.

Stats:

Production year: 2013
    Production week: 47 (November)

Factory: DL (China - Foxconn)

5. gatearray macrumors 65816

Not surprised it was perfect. It's unfortunate that 1% of 1% of all iPad Air owners are having problems and causing undue stress and worry to others. :)

The odds are that one will walk out of the store with a perfect iPad rather than one with factory defects, but if you spend any time around this forum you'd have to think the opposite was true, it's a shame really.

And I'm sorry, but all this serial number nonsense is just silly.

6. Jbru187 macrumors member

Or you can give people false confidence by making up your own statistics.:)

7. troy14 macrumors 6502a

I had a 64gb wifi air from DL factory and it was perfect, returned it for a 32gb wifi and went through 3 (all from DM) all with less than stellar screens. I also read reports of people with DL saying their screens are bad as well.... probably just random.

8. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

mine caught on fire 3 times in the last hour...