iPad iPad Air Smart Case Design Flaw

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Cell-666, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Cell-666 macrumors 6502

Pictures speak a thousand words I guess.

Bought four weeks after the Air launch date due to constraints in the supply chain. I wouldn't say I'm a heavy users of my iPad, few hours on an evening on and off. By day it's sits in a iPad holder all safe and sound.

The obvious problem is using the home button cause pressure on this little bridge of leather about the lightning port. I use my home button a lot, never got into the gestures when they introduced them! Guess I'm holding it wrong lol.

For the price, and it's an apple product I would have expected better than this. It has to be the most terrible Apple product I've owned, along with the three piece cover/stand, which bloody idiot decided it was better than four panels.

So, anyone else having this issue ? I've spoke with Apple, emailed the photos and I'll except nothing less than a full refund. I've bought another case, which was half the price, and works far better, they have even removed the small piece of the case above the lightning port. They've realised it would be a weak point.....go figure.

Attached Files:

2. BygSii macrumors member

I could see that happening to more and more down the road. I have the iHome smart case. It's better in every way. Do yourself a favor and pick one up.

3. Cell-666 thread starter macrumors 6502

I've already changed caseCrown Omni which does a far better job. At least the stand doesn't collapse if you more than breath on it.

4. meistervu macrumors 65816

I don't understand

How does pressing the Home button put pressure on the "leather bridge" near it? Mine is still perfect. When I push the Home button, I push the Home button, not the bridge. If I push the "bridge", I would miss the Home button completely, so there is no point for me to push the "bridge".

5. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

i agree, also don't see whats so hard about a 4 or 5 finger pinch to close apps, its easier to do that then move over and hit the home button.

6. orleanfyrfightr macrumors member

Are you near an Apple Store ? Generally that's your best bet for a refund/exchange.

7. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Agreed.

Mine is a week1 iPad and case and no fatigue there.

8. NewZealandMatt macrumors member

This happened to mine when I was taking the iPad out of the case. Apple replaced it.

9. Cell-666 thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess we aren't all robots and doing the exact same thing. I use my thumb to return to the home screen or double click to scroll through the aps. I have big hands so holding it in landscape my thumb is usually over the bottom, so it's easier to press the button than try the four finger death punch. Or are you saying I'm holding it wrong :p

I'm still waiting on answer from Apple, but I do have a store local to me so will probably just go see them face to face.