All iPads Ipad air Smart case

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Samtb, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Samtb macrumors 65816

Will you be getting an ipad air smart case given the price? Any good alternative smart cases? Is it worth buying a 79USD/65GBP case?

2. rhaezorblue macrumors regular

I'm curious about this as well. Since it's main selling point is a redesign, thinner, lighter I'm tempted for this to be my first ipad I use just the smart cover for, but I'm curious on peoples opinions of the smart case as well. At $80 it one of the most expensive cases out there, not including high end diamond encrusted luxury cases of course. The downside of having just the smart cover, I think, is one drop might shatter your screen. That drop test video they showed made me cringe. lol

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

For that kind of money, I'd rather get a genuine leather sleeve from Saddleback leather. Now THAT is definitely worth it. Nothing like dead cow skin to cover your favorite tech gadget.

4. Deane2000 macrumors member

Deane2000

I agree with ZBoater. What you have to ask yourself is, does the Apple case represent a good value? If a Volkswagen was the same price or slightly cheaper then a Bentley, would they ever sell another Volkswagen? If you're thinking about spending near $100 USD, look around and see what else that money will buy you.

The nice thing about a real leather case (not PU leather) is that is does make a wonderful juxtaposition to the cold, clinical precision of the iPad itself. A beautiful, warm, well crafted leather case will compliment the iPad. If it is a quality case, it will last as long as you own the iPad as well, negating the need to continuously replace inferior cases.
    A quality case will also protect better keeping your Air in excellent shape. Come resale time, you'll be able to get more money for your Air offsetting some of the initial cost of the case.

Here is another hi-end case worth taking a look at if you have not found what you are looking for.

Premium Leather iPad Case

Leather-iPad-Case-Front-Air-VN.jpg