All iPads iPad Air SmartCase (Brown) Question

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by geralddarden, Dec 3, 2013.

1. geralddarden macrumors member

geralddarden

I picked up a smart case with my iPad Air about 3 weeks ago and unfortunately, the case a little wet (just the case, not the iPad).

I used my wife's hairdryer to speed up the drying process, but it looks like it may leave some faint water spots. My question is, has anyone used a leather cleaner/conditioner (like Dr. Marten's Dubbin) to clean water spots off of their smart case? If so, what were the results?

2. meistervu macrumors 65816

I have the same brown case and love it.

Here are my thoughts: brown cows get wet all the time, and they are OK. I don't remember reading about ranchers loosing sleep over it.

I still have a brown leather back cover for my iPhone 4 which has been retired. After a couple of years of constant molesting with wet, greasy, dirty hands, it has developed this beautiful patina that many hipsters would paid a lot of money for.

My advice: don't sweat it. If it's wet, wipe it dry and leave it be.

3. midwestfisherma macrumors 6502

midwestfisherma

Boom!

4. geralddarden thread starter macrumors member

geralddarden

Okey doke. Thanks for the insight. Did you ever try to use leather conditioner?

5. meistervu macrumors 65816

No. I have never tried leather "reconditioner."

I have a leather sofa and wanted to take care of it, so I once spent an hour reading up on leather care. As I recalled, most leather should be cleaned with a damp cloth instead of "reconditioned" with stuff that add build up over time. I am sure the SmartCase you and I bought has been conditioned and need no reconditioning for a long time.

Since neglect was what I had to do to get my old leather case to look the way it did, I would try my best to do the same to my new SmartCase.

6. geralddarden thread starter macrumors member

geralddarden

Cool, thanks for the info.