iPad iPad Air software version bought from Target

Discussion in 'iPad' started by doxielover, Apr 9, 2014.

1. doxielover macrumors 6502a

doxielover

Hi I bought an Ipad Air about 3 weeks ago from Target that I haven't opened. I only have 30 days to return it unopened or I won't get a refund. I only want to keep it if its NOT 7.1 because I would like to JB it. Production is week 52 Dec 13 Fox Conn I bought it 3 weeks ago. What version do you think it is before I open it? If you think it could be 7.1 I will just return it unopened for a full refund. If I open it and it is 7.1 I will be stuck with it. I would appreciate your input thanks.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

7.1 was just released in March, wasn't it? So an iPad that was produced in December should have an earlier version.

3. doxielover thread starter macrumors 6502a

doxielover

It seems odd that I bought this in March and that the production date is December. I hope it would not be a problematic version as it would only let me update to 7.1 that's why I would have to keep the version installed until JB for 8.0 is released.

4. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Could be that it sat on the shelf the whole time. Who ever stocked the iPads probably placed the most recent shipment in front of the ones that were already in stock. Therefore, yours sat at the back of the shelf for a few months.

Don't forget to factor the shipping time from China to Target as well.

5. doxielover thread starter macrumors 6502a

doxielover

Do you think it would have 7.0.4? I can't remember if week 52 was one reported as having bad screens.

6. Rodster macrumors 68040

According to Apple 7.0.4 was released on 11-14-13 so it could come with that.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1701

I don't JB but isn't there a JB for 7.0.6? If so, you should be ok. As far as screens go, it's a crap shoot whether it was built in 2013 or yesterday.

7. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

If this was manufactured in December and it hasn't been opened, it's safe to assume that it's below 7.1. It could have 7.0.3 on the iPad.

I remember picking up an iPad 4 generation some months back, it was when iOS 7 released. It was running iOS 6, I'd say just open it.

At this given time, iOS 7.1 is fairly new. I would think it's not running it.

8. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

I returned a sealed iPad to Target and they opened it. Most retailers are now opening the sealed iPads to verify their contents. Unless Target has recently changed their policy, they will refund iPads that have been open as long as they are returned within the 30 day period.

9. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

What he/she said. I have returned an opened iPad to target before, for a full refund.
    Anybody can shrink wrap an empty box, so Target does usually open returned iPads anyway.

10. doxielover thread starter macrumors 6502a

doxielover

Not anymore!!!

11. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Sounds like you want to return it.

Keep in mind that no matter where you buy an iPad, you won't know which version of iOS is on it for sure without opening it. Seems like you have had an iPad just sitting in the box for three weeks. Open it and enjoy it. If it is 7.1 just use it and wait for the release of a new JB.

12. Rodster macrumors 68040

Agree, eventually there will be a JB for 7.1

13. doxielover thread starter macrumors 6502a

doxielover

I thought it was confirmed by Evasion no JB for 7.1. They are saving exploits for when IOS 8.0 is released.

14. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I just picked up a new rMini.

According to the serial number it was manufactured in the third week of January (2014). It had 7.0 on it when I set it up.