iPad Air Speaker Problems?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by parthdesai, Nov 25, 2014.

1. parthdesai macrumors newbie

Hi, I have a iPad Air and my speakers have been giving me issues for the longest time. What happens is every once in a while, the speakers make a loud squeaking sound and then I can't hear any sound through the speakers or the headphone jack. I have to turn the iPad off completely and then turn it back on to hear my audio again.

Sometimes, the audio sounds really distorted and unclear. And when this particular thing happens, if I have the volume on the first bar, the sound coming out of the speakers sounds like the volume is set on 6 or 7 bars even if its at 1 bar.

Now I have had this issue since I bought my first iPad Air which was last year on Black Friday (2013). The above problem started with that iPad so I took it to the Apple store and they replaced it for me. I came home with my new one and started using it and the exact same issue occurred that same day lol. So I took that one back and told them it happened and now I am on my third iPad and it still happens.

So my question here is if someone here knows what causes this. Better yet if anyone else has this issue with their iPad Airs' because I hope I am not the only one.

Keep in mind that the two problems above are both related to the speakers but don't always occur at once. They usually happen individually, but they ARE 2 different problems.

Thanks!

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Does this sound problem happen during certain games or music apps? If so, can you confirm it's not the apps themselves? That's highly odd that you keep exchanging them and have the same problem. That's why I asked about when this specifically happens and with what apps.

3. parthdesai thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't really track down which apps cause this because even if I close all of the apps I'm running, and then leave the ipad alone for a few days, when I come back to it it still has the same issue even if no one has used it.